• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlyrider

ghostlyrider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:49 AM

I ran the unreal demo and guess what...no i almost get my evolution (phoenix) to load....can't even run legit xbox games. Please someone help me.....i read somewhere that it probable overwrote some sort od ini file but can't find that forum now (ya someone DAUGHTER deleted my browser history)....system is collecting dust and the kids are going snaky..please help

ghost

#2 spiffyville

spiffyville

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Working on the physics behind wingless flight for humans. Slow going so far.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:18 AM

Do you have a softmodded xbox? If so then when it updated the dash it erased your patched xboxdash.xbe in which case you have to redo the mod.

#3 ghostlyrider

ghostlyrider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the input but don't forget we're in newbie chat...i didn't setup the xbox ...I know there's a chip in it and to repair it i'll probably have to hook up through ftp and replace a file.....I was hoping for more detail or someone who has had the same problem. You know...do I have to replace 1 file or replace a few overwritten things or everything?

thanks

Ghostly

#4 TheProffessor

TheProffessor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:28 PM

well, you can put in a boot disc, like slayers and then ftp to your xbox and have a look around

#5 iNfErNaL666

iNfErNaL666

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Women, Skating, skating, skating xbox/games thats all i care about
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:17 PM

wow that sucks sorry to hear that man but ya i think that, that can happen so u betta check it out

#6 ghostlyrider

ghostlyrider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:29 AM

Good news...after leaving it alone for a couple of days...the Dashboard booted....yeah......looks pretty...skin and all....but when i put either a burned game or even a legit one..i hear the dvd drive trying to do something but not loading games....any other thoughts...think it might be the DVD drive or maybe the hard drive itself (although since it boots the dash board i'm thinking the hard drive is ok)....any thoughts?..pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeee

ghostly

sad.gif

#7 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:50 AM

If it won't load games try len's cleaner. Try pot tweaking. Replace the eye len's and whene all else fails bye a new xbox cd drive. My guess is you probly have thomsan drive wich wont load game's.

#8 ghostlyrider

ghostlyrider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:37 AM

Update...found a place that will look at it and determine the problem....i'll do a report and how to fix if it was the demo....if something else..i'll post that too...tks for the replys

Ghostly

beerchug.gif

#9 ghostlyrider

ghostlyrider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

Well problem solved...I went to a place oddly enough called OPA...the guy took it appart and guess what......i'm filthy......the lense was extremely dirty....dog hair,tobacco.......once that was cleaned and the rest of the inside of the xbox...he installed a new ....well upgraded OPA OS.found out mine was softmodded and doesn't even have a chip.....learn something new everyday.

so the demo was not the problem...i was.

if you're in Toronto

Oasis Pensive Abacutors Ltd.
416-238-7353 / opa-ltd@rogers.com

fine it cost $45 Canadian but at least now for the same problem i learned how to correct it...as well a short training on how to use.

thanks for the replys.....
biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users