X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:43 AM

I am looking to install and hdd activity light. I don't want the jewel to flash for activity I just want to hook it up to a single led. Is there a wire or something I can use on the ide cable to get the activity and power from. Also is there a ground on the ide cable. Is there a way to make an hdd activity light using just an led and the ide cable. Not using anything else on the Xbox at all.

Another question: about the reset button on the controller. I install the momentary switch in the controller and I solder it to the ground and the power in the controller. Then in the xbox I take the yellow wire from one of the ports and I make it longer and solder it to the second point from the bottom on the power/eject assembly. Is this correct. Is there anything else to this mod at all. Do I need to do anything with the yellow wire I cut besides solder it to the power/eject assembly. What about the other half of the yellow wire I cut that is hanging out from the white plug on the end of the controller port. Where is a good placement for the swith an a controller-s.

Another Question: Installing the remote dvd playback inside of the xbox without using up a port. Can I do this by just using a controller ports. I use an on off 4 poles switch and i solder each of the wires coming out of the controller port to the switch except the ground (do I splice into these wires with another set of 4 wires). Then I solder from the other four on the switch in the same order to the pcb of the receiver for the remote. Is it done now. What is the deal with the tabs or something on the controller port you are using. I don't understand that part. Something about removing the tabs and taping them for something. Also is there a need for a ground for the pcb. Thanks for any help on any of the three questions is appreciated.

#2 spartan024

spartan024

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:04 AM

Regarding the HDD activity light, just hook the anode (+) to a 3 volt source, and the cathode (-) to pin 39 of the IDE cable. Depending on which version Xbox you have, you may need to get out the voltmeter and track down the 3 volt line. wink.gif

#3 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:08 AM

or 5v, and resistor dry.gif

#4 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Interests:(Check my website)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:12 AM

i can do this with a CC right, just cut the negative wire comming from the inverter and hook up to pin 39

#5 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:12 AM

EDIT:double post

Edited by cyfi, 23 February 2005 - 08:12 AM.

#6 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:15 AM

yeah...you can do the same thing w/ a cold cathode
smile.gif

sS

#7 spartan024

spartan024

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(tryintomod @ Feb 23 2005, 06:49 AM)
I am looking to install and hdd activity light. Is there a way to make an hdd activity light using just an led and the ide cable.

Okay, but this is what he asked... dry.gif

#8 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(SpookieStylez @ Feb 22 2005, 11:21 PM)
yeah...you can do the same thing w/ a cold cathode
smile.gif
sS

View Post

so would i cut the negative going into the inverter, orcut the negatives comming out of the inverter

#9 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(cyfi @ Feb 23 2005, 02:21 AM)
so would i cut the negative going into the inverter, orcut the negatives comming out of the inverter

View Post

never having done it myself....but I would imagine you would use the negative after the inverter...

sS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users