7 replies to this topic

#1 x_zao_x

x_zao_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

ok, here's the problem......i am using the official MS Advanced AV Pack, and have the optical connected to a 5.1 receiver. i have a softmodded xbox. i am using the Evox dashboard. i have changed the M$ dashboard to Dolby Surround Sound. I have changed the XBMC to Digital out, and checked the AC3 capable receiver, the DTS capable receiver, and also 2-channel passthrough. I can play DVD .img with 5.1 sound, but no other files will output sound (like xvids with stereo sound). I have changed the M$ dashboard back to stereo, and have changed the XBMC back to analog output, but still get no sound. i even have plugged the RCA left/right into the breakout box and plugged them into my tv, and still get no sound from XBMC.

EDIT: my games on my HDD will output sound with the optical cable, even if the M$ dashboard says Mono, Stereo, or Dolby....it's only the XBMC having the problem

can anyone help me?

Edited by x_zao_x, 23 February 2005 - 10:23 PM.

#2 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:23 PM

Can you select the option 'Output stereo to all speakers'?

#3 x_zao_x

x_zao_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:25 PM

when the XBMC option is set to 'Digital' i can, but that doesn't help, i still only get sound with the digital setting on my 5.1 DVD .img files....

#4 x_zao_x

x_zao_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:17 PM

update #2: my emulators work perfect, it seems the audio is carried through all 5 channels plus the sub, it's only XBMC with non 5.1 sound videos (like xvid DVD rips and stuff like that)

#5 x_zao_x

x_zao_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:53 PM

update #3: the original a/v pack with just composite video and white/red sound doesn't help either, still can't get sound with XBMC, but everything else works fine

i had a build of XBMC from 1/15/2005, got the latest CVS build and didn't fix a thing....

#6 x_zao_x

x_zao_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:11 AM

bump up!

#7 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

Press up on the right thumbstick.

#8 x_zao_x

x_zao_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:07 PM

thanks so much jmarshall!!! it worked perfect!! i think that was the only thing that i didn't try....i feel like a dumbass

but thanks again!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users