• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gdog

Gdog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

I have a 1.6 Xbox with a Xenium Ice that works great. I want to soft mod my new 1.6 xbox and put XBMC on it. I would like to hotswap with the modded Xbox but I am stuck. Is there a tutoral on this? I have only found PC to xbox tutorials.

This has been hinted at in the Hotswap FAQ but I have figured out that I am not smart enough to piece the rest together.

Thanks.
G

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

Does your local store by chance rent mem cards and any exploitable games?
Old copies of 007 AUF, Mechassault, and Splinter Cell.. Not Platinum Hits versions except possibly Splinter Cell.. See my sig on more info on whatever method you pick, because although its tricky, you can hotswap with 2 xboxes..

#3 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

i did the the same thing with a v1.4+x3 and a new 1.6 i used a 250g hdd but its the same deal

1.make a dvdr with boxplore and the exploit with all files you what on you new xbox

2.open both xboxs and put then back to back

3.turn both xbox's on and let the moded xbox load the dvdr then select d drive in boxplore

4.now unplug the data cables from both hdds NOT the power cables and then plug the data cable from your moded xbox into the other hdd

5.wait a min then try to copy the files from the dvdr to the hdd

AFTER THIS IF YOU WANT TO USE A BIGGER HDD

1. put the 250g hdd in the moded xbox and setup the exploit easy

2. put a dvdr with boxplore and configmagic into the new xbox that you just installed the exploit to

3.once boxplore has loaded select conficmaic but dont load it yet!!!

4 swap the 250g hdd out of the moded box into your new xbox then load configmaic and lock it

i would have swaped eeproms but i dont like playing with v1.6 eeproms and as my floppy drive wont read shit i cant use the dos disk to lock unlock the drives so this left hot swaping which worked great beerchug.gif

Edited by warbeast, 24 February 2005 - 08:24 PM.

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:50 PM

or...
boot the modded xbox with a boot cd containing right ftp settings and plug in the virgins xbox (unlocked) hd right at the end of the dvd check.

#5 madturbo123

madturbo123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(warbeast @ Feb 24 2005, 07:16 PM)
3.once boxplore has loaded select conficmaic but dont load it yet!!!

4 swap the 250g hdd out of the moded box into your new xbox then load configmaic and lock it

beerchug.gif

View Post

ok just to clarify this part warbeast... the 250g was booted wit the chiped box? or was it booted from unmodded box...
i did somthing similar and i got error 06...
this is what i did...
1. placed upgrade hdd in chipped box and copied over expliot files.
2. i booted virgin box wit evox and hotswapped the upgrade hdd to virginbox and run lock under evox...
ever since i get a error 06...
what do i do in future to do this right????

#6 Gdog

Gdog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:42 PM

Now with the xenium Ice chip I can boot to its config bios where it has FTP built into it. so correct me if I am wrong but here is what I am thinking:

1. open both xboxs

2. boot modded box (no HD plugged in)to xenium menu and virgin xbox normal with HD installed (to unlock it).

3. unplug HD from virgin and plug into modded.

4. FTP over exploit from my PC(Haven't figured out which files or to which directory yet)

this is probably a stupid question but once I get the exploit in place to I have to have mechassault or another game to use it? If so is there another way?

Sorry for wanting to do it such a different way but isn't that what keeps it fun?

#7 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:53 PM

1. placed upgrade hdd in chipped box and copied over expliot files.
2. i booted virgin box wit evox and hotswapped the upgrade hdd to virginbox and run lock

i think your problem was you booted evox before you hotswaped and maybe not from dvdr so it might have locked the hdd with the virgin hdd key because
i dont think evox will refresh the hdd info without a reboot.

i used boxplore and configmagic on *DVDR* and waited untill the hdd was swaped before runing configmagic from within boxplore then i saw the new hdd model number and key

if i run cofigmagic frist then hotswaped and loaded the eeprom again the hdd info would be shit like the model number would be @@@

if you still have error six try unlocking the drive with the key from the virgin hdd

Edited by warbeast, 25 February 2005 - 12:07 AM.

#8 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:45 AM

Now with the xenium Ice chip I can boot to its config bios where it has FTP built into it. so correct me if I am wrong but here is what I am thinking:

1. open both xboxs

2. boot modded box (no HD plugged in)to xenium menu and virgin xbox normal with HD installed (to unlock it).

3. unplug HD from virgin and plug into modded.

4. FTP over exploit from my PC(Haven't figured out which files or to which directory yet)

this is probably a stupid question but once I get the exploit in place to I have to have mechassault or another game to use it? If so is there another way?

Sorry for wanting to do it such a different way but isn't that what keeps it fun?

this should work aslong as you boot the xenium box with a working hdd then hotswap like normal and ftp

you only need one of them games if you use a game save exploit but they are nice to have just incase

Edited by warbeast, 25 February 2005 - 12:57 AM.

#9 madturbo123

madturbo123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(warbeast @ Feb 24 2005, 10:59 PM)
if you still have error six try unlocking the drive with the key from the virgin hdd

View Post

question on that...
if i lock a drive using the virgin box...
will the next drive i put in virgin box have the same key??? or diff?
i hope that makes sense.

#10 madturbo123

madturbo123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(warbeast @ Feb 24 2005, 10:59 PM)
i think your problem was you booted evox before you hotswaped and maybe not from dvdr so it might have locked the hdd with the virgin hdd key because
i dont think evox will refresh the hdd info without a reboot.

i used boxplore and configmagic on *DVDR* and waited untill the hdd was swaped before runing configmagic from within boxplore then i saw the new hdd model number and key

View Post

i see where ur coming from... that sounds like a great idea i'll give it ago...
yeah i think your right evox doesnt update hdd info untill it reboots...

#11 Gdog

Gdog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:05 AM

After screwing with it for way too long I finally got it. I could hotswap okay but the FTP showed some very strange things. I ended up using XBMC for the FTP. It also took me about 20 times before I could get the Blackwar installer into the right place. It would show up like it was in the right place then wouldn't be. Strange, frustrating things...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users