4 replies to this topic

#1 cammy1011

cammy1011

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:41 PM

Ive got an xbox with a 120g and a modchip with evolution x.Just learning so bare with me.I know how to ftp into my xbox.I paid someone to do my install.My question is I went and bought another Xbox mfg Jan 2005 and 120g and I want do an install myself.Im going to go solderless cause Im not that good at soldering.Since Ive already got a modded xbox with evox dashboard cant i just take files from my xbox and transfer them to the new hard drive.Theres so much stuff out there with all the different chips and everything.I basically want the exact same setup as the other xbox.Can someone give me some pointers.Am I getting in over my head?The chip install dont look that bad,Ive taken apart an xbox, its the hard drive swap and the flashing of the new bios that worries me a little bit.I just figurd I had a step up with already having a modded xbox.

#2 RushB

RushB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

Not sure about that mod chip, my Xecuter 3 let me format the HDD from within it, so the HDD swap out was easy - didn't have anything on the old one I wanted so I just boxed it up and put in a new one. Formatted it out, and ftp'ed everything to it.

Later,
RushB

#3 Trinity

Trinity

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

Do you know the version of your old and new xbox? The new one you just brought could be version 1.6 The only solderless chip for 1.6 is the spider chip but people say is suck. Yes, you can transfer the files over but you need to format the hard drive first. Go find the Slayer's Evox Auto-installer V2.6 and it do everything for you.

#4 cammy1011

cammy1011

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

Thats kinda what im thinkin,the spider chip.I got that slayer evox auto installer but Im curious will it burn to a dvd because dont pretty much all the new xbox's dont read cd's.I was reading some trick where you can use like the james bond game and some save file on your memory card.Can you put the evox dashboard on your xbox without a chip.Mainly just want the new xbox to play games off the new hard drive.Dont really care about backups or imports.Can someone maybe tell me a little about this?It looks like kinda a difficult process.And I think they said if its a 1.6 forget about it.

#5 cammy1011

cammy1011

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:38 PM

Ive been looking around and Ive been reading about a thing called soft modding
http://www.biline.ca/xbox_uxe.htm Can someone tell me a little about this.It sounds like just what I want ,and you dont have to buy a chip.If this works why doesn't everybody do it this way?Should I go hunt for that old bond game,or should I just order the chip?Please help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users