• Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:54 AM

What's included:
v1.0 refurb XBOX
(1) green Pelican controller
(1) MS S controller (Was thrown: case needs re-alignment, I don't have a screw driver small enough to open it)
MS S-Video/digital optical audio AV package
10GB Seagate OEM HD (not installed)
20GB WD ATA66 HD (installed)
Xodus Matrix chip and programmer

I bought this refurbished XBOX in late-2003 from ebgames, it's a v1.0 model with a Thomson DVD drive. I had a dashboard software problem with the original Seagate 10GB drive so I tossed in a 20GB WD ATA66 drive and loaded EvolutionX from a Slayer's 2.6 install disc. I think the original 10GB drive is fine, it probably just needs the dashboard software reinstalled.

The chip installed is a Xodus Matrix chip and I have the programmer for it too. I don't think this chip is manufactured anymore but it's a solderless chip that can be easily removed by just removing a screw in the motherboard. This chip is dated and may not have some of the features of newer chips but I've never had a problem running any games or software with it. Don't count on using it with Live!.

PROBLEMS:
- I've had an occasional problem getting the XBOX to boot. It'll make a beep and fail to boot until you hit it, almost seems as if something's loose. I'm not sure if this is a chip problem but it usually occurs after it's been sitting; once it gets going there's usually not any other problem.

- I'm missing one of the rubber feet! heh When I installed the chip I'm guessing one of the feet got stuck to something and dissappeared. I'll throw in the three I have.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ebay feedback

I'm PayPal verified and would like payment either through PayPal or money order.

AIM: dj999999999999
e-mail: davidjoye comcast.net

$160 shipped within the US.

#2 djoye

djoye

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:11 PM