6 replies to this topic

#1 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:11 AM

Up til this point I was fairly certain I wanted a new car to play with come summer. But I still wasn't 100% on that. i knew there was a CHANCE I'd keep the Probe. Decision is officially made.

I went to pull it's tires and a few parts off from it ince it's been up for month. So I went to my Dad's where it's being stored for the winter. I swapped my Truck's battery in it since the other one is depleted from lack of use. I started it up and drive it to car wash for the quick hose down. Bring it home. Toss my battery back in the truck and proceed to go buy a tarp to cover it. Getting back in the truck I realize how high it sits and how low the Probe is. So now I'm thinking I may want to keep the thing. Get back, switch tires. Throw the battery back into the Probe to move it back to where ti belongs.

Well i get in it and I must say I'm pretty impressed with how comfortable I find it. So I'm sitting in it thinkiong maybe one more year before I get rid of it. Go to start it...... nothing. But I have power. Lights, windows, stereo, but the starter isn't even trying. Tinker around under the hood for 5 and then decide Im too cold to care. So my dad and I shove the car into the driveway as far as we can push it and park it there. I'm sick of repairing my car. Even if I get it running properly again, Im still only running around what the Camaro Z28 will run so I'm hanging it up.

#2 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:34 AM

Some of you must know this feeling. I think any true car guy would know feel it about his first sporty car......

I spent all day running through the way to post my car on Probetalk. Thinking about wording and what it's worth. Maybe using the logic that it's an expensive engine with a free car attached to it.

And all day I felt sick and mildly depressed. And I was sickened carrying the tires and rims I bought for it from my truck to my storage room. That they may never be on my car again. Well, I sucessfully put off posting the ad for my car today. Yeah. And now me and my good friend Jim Beam are debating what to do. Fucking cars.

#3 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:19 AM

My new Altima is my first sporty car, eve tho its 2.5L (my second car ive owned so far)
But I can understand how you feel.
My old Buick has crapped out, my dad payed to fix it, and has bought it from me. He just got the car back today from the mechanic. And I just got all my stuff outta the car. Gonna miss her, had lots of good times, and it was my first car.

sad.gif

#4 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Mar 1 2005, 07:25 AM)
My new Altima is my first sporty car, eve tho its 2.5L (my second car ive owned so far)
But I can understand how you feel.
My old Buick has crapped out, my dad payed to fix it, and has bought it from me. He just got the car back today from the mechanic. And I just got all my stuff outta the car. Gonna miss her, had lots of good times, and it was my first car.

sad.gif

View Post

I had a few lowrider Nissan trucks over the years...all the waaay back when they were still sort of a rarity on the road (mid 80's). The last one I had blew an engine and my custom body work was starting to rust out...asshole who did it didn't know what he was doing I guess. That truck sat in my garage for over 2 years just because I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. I even kept it wiped down and relatively clean considering that it didn't even run. It sat so long that the brakes were frozen up HARD. Took a lot of work to get it out of the garage.

Point is...I totally understand where you guys are coming from. beerchug.gif

Edited by fezzman, 01 March 2005 - 02:52 PM.

#5 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

wait, that probe is as fast as a 728 Camaro?? blink.gif whoa

#6 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE(yaazz @ Mar 1 2005, 03:43 PM)
wait, that probe is as fast as a 728 Camaro??  blink.gif  whoa

View Post

mid 13 second range in last form i had on the track. Itll never do that again though as im tearing parts off all over the place. I dont think a 4th gen Fbody is any quicker then that.....

#7 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:42 PM

Damn man, I didn't realize that thing was that fast. Id buy it, from ya, but it would be a lot for shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users