dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 March 2003 - 01:30 PM

Hi, I'm just wondering if any of you can answer this question for me.

I recently copied LOTR Two Towers to my HDD from a DVD. The copy seemed to go fine, but when I play the game, the video cut scenes are jerky as hell. Totally unwatchable. Now, it seems to me this is most likely because the DVD was written in UDF format.

My question is...

What if I take the ripped copy from my Xbox HDD, create an ISO using IsoMaker or GDFimage, then burn to DVD. Will the new copy still have choppy video, or will the problem be fixed by GDFimage?

I'm just curious.

Thanks

D Zero VIBE

#2 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 March 2003 - 01:50 PM

I used GDFimage for LOTR and it does not have any Jerky Video Playback if that is what you are asking. Try Isomaker or Craxtion (cause i made it) and your choppy video will be gone.

#3 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:55 AM

No, you can copy the game from the UDF disc, create a GDF ISO, and burn that...and you will get the proper performance. The poor performance of a UDF disc in the Xbox is the result of the file organization. The files themselves are not changed, just "placed".

#4 viper_8548

viper_8548

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:00 AM

If there was no problem reading the files then the chances are the files are fine. I think you have to change ur Xbox to 60hz using the Enigmah video selector.

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:38 AM

Hmm...I really don't think that's the case. You ever play LOTR:TT? It goes from gameplay to unbuffered video to gameplay to unbuffered video... Even playing it as a GDF disc, it was barely up to the job. The UDF FS is going to cause those lags...PAL/NTSC confusion won't cause laggy disc reads.

#6 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. It turns out that viper_8548 was correct. I have an NTSC version on a (normally) PAL Xbox. I switched my Xbox to NTSC, and now the videos play fine. Thanks dude!

It should have occured to me that this was not a problem with UDF vs ISO, since the choppy videos occurred even when playing from the HDD. As far as I know, it shouldn't matter if the DVD is a UDF or ISO, once ripped to a HDD the game should run fine.

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:31 PM

laugh.gif That's true, once copied to the HDD, performance should be the same. Had you said that in the beginning... laugh.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, you did say it. I misunderstood what you were asking originally. blink.gif

Edited by Xeero, 11 March 2003 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users