9 replies to this topic

#1 aquavita

aquavita

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:45 AM

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for any help.

I successfully did the exploit, and am running a new dashboard. However, I'd like to put in a larger hdd. So I got a maxtor 60 gb, and backed up my eeprom.bin file using configmagic, and ftp'd into the xbox itself to copy over the c and e drives. Am I correct so far?

When I downloaded xboxhdm 1.9, I copied the c and e drives to the linux folder, as well as the eeprom.bin file to the eeprom folder. I ran the iso creator, and booted to the cd. I first ran option number 1 to prepare the disk. I said yes to all the questions about whether or not I wanted to do each step, etc. It never asked me to reboot. I had to ctrl alt delete.

Upon rebooting, I chose option number three and attempted to lock the hd...it said it was frozen, and to disable auto-detect in the bios. I did so, and rebooted. Same issue.

I took the hdd to another computer, with the same result. So I tried a different HDD, thinking that perhaps it just could not be locked/unlocked. Same issue with that one as well! Also, when I go to do option number three, it says that the eeprom could not be found on CD, even though I know for a fact that I copied it over to the linux/eeprom directory. So I ended up putting it on a floppy disc.

I just know I am doing something wrong. I have read through the tutorials, but have found nothing that relates to this exactly. I would reallyh appreciate any help you guys would be able to give me. Thanks! smile.gif

#2 homelesschicken

homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

are you positive you are turning off auto detect in your bios properly? did you f10 to save when you were done? turning off auto detect should have fixed it.

#3 aquavita

aquavita

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(homelesschicken @ Feb 28 2005, 11:09 AM)
are you positive you are turning off auto detect in your bios properly?  did you f10 to save when you were done?   turning off auto detect should have fixed it.

View Post

Yes, I'm positive I did that. I went into "ide peripherals" and set mode to user rather than auto on the hdd. This same issue happened on two separate computers, on two separate hdd's. It's hard to believe that both a maxtor and western digital drive would not be lockable. The WD is a 20 gb, the maxtor a 60. So I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing wrong.

Also, does anyone have an idea as to why it says I can't find my eeprom on the cd? I made a backup from config magic, and renamed it to eeprom.bin, and put it in that folder. Thanks again!

Edited by aquavita, 28 February 2005 - 07:02 PM.

#4 Strummer12

Strummer12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

I installed a 160 GB drive today and I got the "frozen" error. all I did was go into my pc's bios and set the drive to "not installed", rebooted xboxhdm and chose option 3 option and typed "lockhd -a" It worked like a charm after that. My new drive is a Western digital. But the other Xboxes I modded had Samsung HDD's and I never got the frozen error.

Edited by Strummer12, 28 February 2005 - 08:11 PM.

#5 aquavita

aquavita

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Strummer12 @ Feb 28 2005, 07:16 PM)
I installed a 160 GB drive today and I got the "frozen" error.  all I did was go into my pc's bios and set the drive to "not installed", rebooted xboxhdm and chose option 3 option and typed  "lockhd -a" It worked like a charm after that.  My new drive is a Western digital.  But  the other Xboxes I modded had Samsung HDD's and I never got the frozen error.

View Post

When I try to do that(turn it off in my bios), I get the error that there is no primary master installed. Which makes sense to me, since my motherboard wouldn't have detected it at that point. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Edited by aquavita, 28 February 2005 - 08:20 PM.

#6 Strummer12

Strummer12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:21 PM

Make sure your CD/DVD rom is set to first boot in your bios. It should skip the HD if not detected and boot up xboxhd. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what else to say. Hopefully someone has a solution for you!

#7 aquavita

aquavita

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Strummer12 @ Feb 28 2005, 07:27 PM)
Make sure your CD/DVD rom is set to first boot in your bios.  It should skip the HD if not detected and boot up xboxhd.  If that doesn't work, then I don't know what else to say.  Hopefully someone has a solution for you!

View Post

No, I mean that when I try to run lockhd -a it says no primary master installed. Do you know why it would say eeprom not found though? That's also a big concern of mine, because I did put it in the /linux/eeprom like I was supposed to. I wonder if the problems are related.

#8 CubeD

CubeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:48 PM

i have had a very hard time with option 3 myself. it tells me to give a command, yet i can't type anything out from the keyboard after that! i am then forced to shut down my pc, and try again... how do i go about disabling auto detect?

#9 jon_c

jon_c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

Just set it up through your xbox. You said that you softmodded so im assuming that you still have your M$ bios on your tsop. Anyways, just download slayers or AID, burn using nero or alcohol, whatever you like and start your xbox with that cd in the drive and it'll be a piece of cake.
I know AID auto detects a new hard drive. I forgot how to do it through Slayers.
Also have your new hard drive hooked up when you start it up.

hope that helps.

#10 lunatic0222

lunatic0222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Lacrosse, Dirtbiking, Xbox, Computers, Hockey, Football
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:25 AM

try this....
im assuming your booting ur pc with the hd already connected
when you start up your computer discconected all harddrives (leave the molex connected ), and load xboxhdm, once it goes to the xboxhdm screen plug in your hd and selected whatever option you want, try locking it like that and see what happens...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users