• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DrNick

DrNick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

I've looked for this but haven't seen it answered anywhere...

How do you change the icon and image that shows up in the Games folder? I know you can add a preview movie, but right now I just want to change the image it's using.

The specific game is Splinter Cell and it's using the Debian logo for it's image. How do I change this?

Thanks.

#2 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:58 AM

Go to the System settings and make sure you have Yes for Allow Menu Edit. Then highlight the directory/game/app you want to change the Icon for and press Start. Choose Edit Item and press A when you highlight Icon. Find your icon, select it and Save.

#3 Sigwood

Sigwood

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:42 PM

Alternatively you can edit the config.xml file to add in icon tags. Depends on what is easier for you to do. I find editing the xml files quicker, but it is also handy having the menu edit option in UnleashX.

Edited by Sigwood, 01 March 2005 - 12:45 PM.

#4 DrNick

DrNick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:22 PM

I'll give that a try.

What do you add to the config.xml file? I know you can add icons for menu items, but how can you change the icon for a single game? Doesn't it parse the folders inside the <PATH> options automatically? Would you mind giving an example?

Thanks!

#5 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:35 PM

It's done the same way. Just highlight the game instead and do the above. This is done through UX so it wont hard code the change in the xbe. You can edit the ITEMS.XML if you want to change app/game icons manually also. I don't know if that what you want.

Edited by isaac_24, 01 March 2005 - 10:40 PM.

#6 DrNick

DrNick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:18 AM

Excellent, that seems to be what I'm looking for.

I grabbed the Xbox Image Converter and now it's looking good smile.gif

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users