shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:41 PM

Ok first of all I don't have any problems with my xbox. I have a chip in it just in case something goes wrong.

I successfully softmodded my xbox with UXE English v2 (007). But what I'm trying to do is do a few changes to this UXE installer so it will use nkpatcher instead of PBL. So far I have managed to update the dash in the UXE installer but now I'm having difficulty configuring nkpatcher so it boots to E:\Systeme\Dashboard\Hackdash.xbe. I've used nkp-config to generate a customized config.inc and then compiled it using NASM. And then I re-signed the Unknownnkpatcher.xbe with the habibi key. I even tried edit the config.inc like this "DASHBOARD_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Systeme\Dashboard\Hackdash.xbe' and this way as well "DASHBOARD_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Systeme\Dashboard;Hackdash.xbe' but everytime I fire the the xbox after replacing PBL with nkpatcher I get error 21. It seems like nkpatcher doesn't know where to load the dash most probably because I missed something when I configured nkpatcher.

So anyone who'd like to comment or help me out would be fantastic! Thanks in advance.

#2 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:50 PM

I had this the first time off. Turned out, the config file i used as a start was already faulty. My advice woudl thus be to start over again from what u started with, DONT EDIT just compile etc and check if it runs like that.

also, u need to make sure NKpatcher is booted by the fonts instead of PBL (same xbe name/path).

#3 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:37 PM

Error 21's suck. But I agree with Cio, compile the default nkpatcher without any edits. place the dash where it is looking for it by default.

Does it still boot 21?

#4 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:02 PM

First of all I'd like to thank DaddyJ and Cio for the help! I finally got nkpatcher to work instead of using PBL. The problem was the copy of nkpatcher 10 I had. After downloading another nkpatcher 10 configured it and used nkp-config, NASM and xbedump, nkpatcher now boots to the specified location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users