1 reply to this topic

#1 iwannadie

iwannadie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:34 PM

this is just guessing by all means, but there were talks of a removable hd on the top of the xbox2? what if ms realized how many people use the hd in the xbox to load games onto rather than use discs. and make it removable so you can pick up your hd games and take to a friends house rather than lugging around a bunch of discs... it would be cool, but i dont think ms would risk people being able to load games like that without some sort of online auth scheme. it might be a way for them to force a live subscription and make more money and do some hardware checking to see if the box/drive has been modded. in the end no matter how secure they try to make it, it will be defeated but they maybe willing to risk it.

#2 jk009

jk009

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />Technology<br />Computers<br />Bowling<br />Girls<br />More...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:09 AM

True, I kind of like the idea. I mean lugging my Xbox to my friends and all the games is a pain. I have a modded console and that isall I bring now. What they would have to due is have a CD Key reg. which would not make devs happy, or MSFT could give keys and take care of the work for them but it is kind of a na-na situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users