#1 bizzy401

bizzy401

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:10 AM

I honestly have no idea how hard this would be, but I thought it would be cool to be able to watch divx movies straight from the unleashx dash. Instead of using Xbox Media Center (which is a bulky program if all you need it for is to watch divx movies), how cool would it be to simply pop in a disc at the dashboard and have it play Divx files.

Just a thought...

#2 Assimilator

Assimilator

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:51 AM

What would be even cooler would be to stream them off your network drive.

or go one step futher and add a bittorrent client biggrin.gif

#3 Drilus

Drilus

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:35 AM

it's not very practical. unleashX is a dashboard. not really meant to play divx files.

besides, if it did do that there would be complaints about needing to play other codecs, then the subtitles. it would really be an entire project of it's own.

what would be cool though, would be to add the ability to launch XBMC for certain media types. let's say you want to watch a divx or ogm, launching the file would take you into XBMC to watch the movie.

#4 Assimilator

Assimilator

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE(Drilus @ Mar 2 2005, 07:41 AM)

what would be cool though, would be to add the ability to launch XBMC for certain media types. let's say you want to watch a divx or ogm, launching the file would take you into XBMC to watch the movie.

View Post

I asked that very question in the WIP forum and this is the reply i got :-(

"the problem with that is XBMC dosn't support command line arguments so even if you open it you would still have to set the file manually"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users