#1 matt57

matt57

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:31 AM

hey guys,

i just pulled an old 80 gig hdd out of a pc. i know i can use this as an external drive. my question is how do i clean the hdd up. it has a ton of files on it that i need to remove. is there a way to delete files through the xbox after i get my chip??? or, should i plug back into the pc???? if i need to plug it back into the pc how do i delete the files then??? please keep the flaming to a spark tongue.gif

#2 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:35 AM

Just use something like xboxhdm to build the drive... it will create the partitions and format them for you...

#3 matt57

matt57

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:42 AM

thanks for the help, i still not sure what that is but at least i know i don't need to do it with the pc....i will look for more help once i get my chip....btw it is a 120 not an 80 cool.gif

#4 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(matt57 @ Mar 3 2005, 05:48 PM)
thanks for the help, i still not sure what that is but at least i know i don't need to do it with the pc....i will look for more help once i get my chip....btw it is a 120 not an 80 cool.gif

View Post

well actually you would need to use a pc with xboxhdm... you can find it in the "usual places" I have used it with many boxes... makes softmodding a cakewalk

#5 matt57

matt57

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:07 AM

cool, thanks for the help special. i may pm'ing you later on to see if you can help me a little more. right now it would be a waste of both of our time, cuz i won't be ordering my chip til next month maybe sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users