• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 S_Juggalo_P

S_Juggalo_P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:10 AM

hey, i modded my xbox a while back, so i haven't really been keeping track of the new mod chips, my friends buying an xbox, and he's paying me to mod it, so i'm trying to decide which is better, the Xecuter 3 SE or the Smartxx Version 2.0, the Smartxx comes with a software disc, and a usb converter and stuff, and the Xecuter 3 is just the chip and installation stuff, so which one is better?

and also, both of them say they have built-in ftp servers and web servers, so does that mean you can transfer stuff to the xbox without having to use evox, or without having to be on the dashboard? and what do they mean by web server, not exactly sure how that works. these chips have come a loooong way since back in the day tongue.gif

thanks for any help

#2 Metal Slug

Metal Slug

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:30 AM

Out of those two, I'd say the Xecuter 3 is probably "better", although I like the Xenium Ice the best. It all depends on what features you value most and what (besides running backups) you are going to use the chip for. Find out everything you need to know in the modchip section of this site.

#3 Big_L

Big_L

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:31 AM

by FTP support, yes, they mean that you do not have to be in a dashboard to ftp into the xbox. Basically, those chips come with an operating system built into the bios that supports FTP. NO MORE EVOX DISKS!!!! (same goes for the Xenium Ice)

#4 muggs1

muggs1

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Video games, off-roading
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:57 AM

The Xecuter 3 has many addons for it, X3 pro switch, X3 control panel, X3 LCD and of course it's Xecuter so you know there are many bios updates. There is also the different functions there are between the two check out the modchips table on the main page to see all of them.

muggs

#5 chittnp

chittnp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:32 AM

cant go wrong with the X3...works great for me, plenty of features and every bios release gets better

Edited by chittnp, 04 March 2005 - 03:35 AM.

#6 S_Juggalo_P

S_Juggalo_P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:59 AM

that's sweet with the built in ftp, and i think i'll get him an x3, i've got an x2.1 and it's never steered me wrong, and the fequent bios updates is a big plus, thanks for the help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users