4 replies to this topic

#1 sideshow

sideshow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:18 AM

I recently got my XBOX v1.0 modded with a Aladdin modchip. As far as I know everything is great; I loaded the Slayer's Evo X dashboard and all the features seem to work find. What I dont get, is that when I use the check bios option, it says the BIOS is Unknown? When I first boot up the system I get a EvoX logo with the MS logo mixed. This is the M8 BIOS right? Am I all set?

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:53 AM

You only get unknown in Evox because you haven't put the bios MD5 sum in Evox.ini you don't have to do this so you are all set.

I just hope you haven't flashed Evox M8_16plus on that 1.0 or you will damage your hardware, make sure you have flashed Evox M8plus that supports 1.0-1.5 xbox's.

#3 sideshow

sideshow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:45 PM

Thanks Bucko for the info. I'm positive that I have flashed just the M8 BIOS. I take it there is a way to verify what BIOS I have flashed by looking in a .ini file?

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:05 PM

Well you have to put the MD5 in the Evox INI in the same style as to how the rest of the bioses are labelled, if you open the bios in EvoTool or X2BM it should give you the MD5 sum.

#5 Nightbringer

Nightbringer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:04 AM

I've been having the same problem.

The thing is, the md5 checksum IS in the evox.ini file. But still the bios is undetected. And the deashboard won't load any application. Maybe it's because of this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users