#1 tps-

tps-

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:28 PM

Hey all,
I have had my xbox (v1.0) for a while now and had it modded with the matrix modchip a while back. Everything has been fine, and i had the newest evox bios and ran avalaunch/xbmc/etc fine, although about a week ago something strange happened. I turned on my xbox and the red/green light came on, on the front of the xbox and the screen "Your Xbox Requires Service. Please call customer support" came up. I thought at first that it was the modchip unaligned, since it would get unaligned easily. So i matched it up, checked the modchip, green light comes on, on the modchip so everything seemed fine. Just to be sure i flashed the chip and verified that it was flashed with 2 different bioses (newest evox and cromwell). Both times, it will start up, goto the green X logo screen and where it should say (Mcrosoft/Xenium) or whatever, it then goes Red/Green flashing on the xbox and goes to the customer support screen....
The reason i dont think its the chip, is because i double checked the md5 checksums when it wrote to the chip, and later read it back and they all matched up... so i donno.

I'm out of ideas and its very frusterating... I have a good 100gb hd in there with a ton of backups and rom's that i dont want to lose.

anyone have an idea or suggestions?

#2 christineyoung

christineyoung

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 06:56 PM

Does unit goto boot up without modchip installed ( aka play originals or goto M$ dash )

Did you check all the pogo pins on the Matrix to ensure all function and did you try cleaning all contacts on motherboard with rubbing alcohol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users