19 replies to this topic

#1 biglen

biglen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:08 AM

i have a samsung drive that i bought new about a year ago.recently,when i hit the eject button it won't eject.it seems like it gets stuck on something.if i double tap the eject button it seems to eject it.it doesn't always do it so i'm not sure what it could be.i removed all the screws that hold the xbox case together and i removed the metal case that goes around the front of the drive thinking it was hanging up somewhere in those areas.that didn't work so maybe someone here can help.

#2 Chance_P

Chance_P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:10 AM

i bet your drive says 605b on the top. alot of peoples do that. never done the double tap on the button? i usually just unplug mine or tap on the top

#3 biglen

biglen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 03:18 AM

it's an sdg-605.there is no B at the end.does that matter?

#4 hytek369

hytek369

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(biglen @ Mar 5 2005, 02:24 AM)
it's an sdg-605.there is no B at the end.does that matter?

View Post

look at the little sticker on the bottom, it should state either SDG-605B or SDG-605F

#5 booker

booker

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:03 AM

I had the same problem... i still have.

Any fix to this? or just retry until it open it?

#6 HyperG

HyperG

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:36 AM

i just bought an xbox from a pawn shop for 50 bucks, it has that same exact problem . and it's the same exact drive . heh , u happened to have had pawned it or something? ;-p . doesn't matter i'm working on it , i took the dvd drive apart practically, i think it has to do with the way the pieces aren't on right . also looks like someone took a knife and jammed it into the xbox drive over the top of the lid .

#7 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:57 PM

Common problem

the "bodge fix" or work-around is to leave an old disc in there when you turn it off - it should always eject when there is a disc in there - just sometimes when the tray is empty it sticks

got 1 like that and have taken it apart - cleaned & greased all the bits but still does it a bit and it is anoying - apart from that eject pain it is a brill drive that reads nigh on anything

think the magnetic "clamp" that retains the dvd disc is too strong and that is why it has hassle trying to pop the tray open when empty

#8 biglen

biglen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:38 AM

i always have a disc in there when i eject it and it still doesn't want to eject.it always happens on the first eject of the day.after that,i never have trouble the rest of the day.

#9 Tatersaladx

Tatersaladx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:02 AM

Mine doe that too, just tap on the top or shut it off and turn it back on and open it. It's not a bad thign that it gets hung up itsj sut an inconvenience.

#10 HyperG

HyperG

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:13 AM

I took this samsung drive to pieces last night , so basically i got the tray taken off so i can try and see what the root of the problem is . I'll try and remember to post pictures tomorrow and see if anybody will recognize anything that looks wrong as i have no earthly idea whats not causing the tray to open . It has nothing to do with a dvd being in the drive and the magnet being in the way or anything, it just seems that something isn't in there right . Like two pieces aren't connected to make the tray pop out etc.

#11 Stitch_626

Stitch_626

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:17 AM

The tray mechanics needs a grease & oil change If it's not very free, the extra mechanical resistance does not leave enough power to overcome the clamping force provided by the magnet.

#12 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:02 AM

have you been able to recover the eject problem on the samsung using this method?

i have stripped a samsung all the way down, and its part of the ejct assmebly that is the malfunction... i havent ever been able to fix one of these... near as i can tell, the only way to do it is to swap the chassis with another (i've done this, and got a working one, and now the other reads cd-rs again, lol...)

#13 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:24 AM

Try changing the motor belt, sometimes they get stretched and loose their grip on the wheel or whatever they are trying to turn.

#14 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:38 AM

on the samsungs there is only 1 suspect belt, and i had a hard time getting the sucker off, so i'm sure its not that.. tongue.gif

#15 HyperG

HyperG

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

just realized the xbox has a hole where u can manually eject the tray . . . hm wonder why i never seen that . could of still been able to use this xbox if i would have known about that. o well, will rig up a fix of some sort tomorrow (still haven't had time to put it back together, drive is in bits right now).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users