• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xboxinuk

xboxinuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:43 AM

we bought a spiderchip v1.1, and have a crystal xbox v1.6, installed it, all fine, lights up, no we dont have a f*cking clue how do do all this bios crap and evolutionx stuff.

THERE IS NO GOOD GUIDE OUT THERE FOR NON-GEEKS

everyone's read the guides that say 'for newbies' but theyre bollocks.

can ANYONE direct me to a decent site that has a proper tutorial, one that ur f*cking mother could follow cos we're getting pissed off here with the lack of support, especially from spiderchip who sell u a chip then pretty much leave it there

i just wanna run backed up games on my xbox, from a dvd-r, not the hard drive and we have the standard 10GB one

please help anyone
cheers

#2 Wattman

Wattman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world one xbox at a time.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:20 AM

First of all you will be hit with the ban hammer soon and second if you are non geeky there shouldn't be a reason to mod an xbox.

#3 Carnyride

Carnyride

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:42 AM

First off, this site has the BEST guides and most of them you don't have to be a geek to understand, you probably just need to have a little more patience...second, you can't get on a forum with a crappy attitude and expect someone to help you. Hope everything works out for you! Just read the guides over and over until they start making sense tongue.gif

If you can't get it to work just do what i always do....drink some beer! beerchug.gif

#4 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:47 AM

Step 1: Make a folder.
Step 2: Put your Evox files in it.
Step 3: Open SimpleX, tell it to make an xISO, point it to your folder
Step 4: Tell your Cd burning program to open the ISO that you just created
Step 5: Hit "Write CD"
Step 6: Put it in your Xbox
Step 7: Turn your Xbox off, then back on
Step 8: If you're looking for a Step 8, you screwed up; repeat steps 1-7 until you get something other than MS Dash

My mom's a computer-illiterate dolt and even she could make a boot disc.

#5 [Dash]

[Dash]

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(xboxinuk @ Mar 6 2005, 04:49 AM)
we bought a spiderchip v1.1, and have a crystal xbox v1.6, installed it, all fine, lights up, no we dont have a f*cking clue how do do all this bios crap and evolutionx stuff.

THERE IS NO GOOD GUIDE OUT THERE FOR NON-GEEKS

everyone's read the guides that say 'for newbies' but theyre bollocks.

can ANYONE direct me to a decent site that has a proper tutorial, one that ur f*cking mother could follow cos we're getting pissed off here with the lack of support, especially from spiderchip who sell u a chip then pretty much leave it there

i just wanna run backed up games on my xbox, from a dvd-r, not the hard drive and we have the standard 10GB one

please help anyone
cheers

View Post

Your posting in an xbox modding forum, please dont tell me thats a bit geeky? Anyway read tutorials, theres guides that even monkeys could use.

#6 mullet0224

mullet0224

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:53 AM

A non-geek would probably want to mod his/her box to play "backups".... however you just sound like a geek thats confused off ur ass, but chips arnt what I do... I think you need to make an EvoX boot disc and I think its got a "flash bios" button. I think you click that button, and that should flash the bios. After that, you shold be good. But like I said, I don't do chips.

#7 Carnyride

Carnyride

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:06 AM

you could use slayer's auto-installer....

#8 xfatkidcorex

xfatkidcorex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:38 PM

Slayer's won't flash a BIOS to the chip..

#9 rob_hellfire

rob_hellfire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, MTBing, Sailing, Windsurfing, Swimming, Walking, And would you believe i'm still fat !!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

Lazy bone idle git.

I had no idea of how to mod the xbox only two months ago. I spent 3 days searching and reading, and printed off 4 newbie guides to modding for each ones best bits as i had no access to internet at home.

Simply read the section wanted from each tut. and there will be enough info for a child of 9 with a soldering iron and a couple of hours to do any beginning mod.

I installed a x2.6 lite, (which i didn't know what it was till i read), found bios, dash and apps (not knowing what they were) and read the readme.txt that come with most of them. Search for the things you are doing to find troubleshooting tips for usual suspects, ie crap soldering and useless people, then do what you have learned, if necessary following the guide(s) step by step.

If you need to be a geek to follow instructions how the f**k are you ever going to get anywhere with modding, give up and play on the nes instead smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users