• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 postman1

postman1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:41 AM

Ok guys, This is new to me and I have read nearly all the faq's so here goes. I purchased 2 X-Boxes from a dealer. They are V1.6 what that means??? I bought 2 modchips which he told me are the best on the market, the Alladin xt v1.0 - v1.6. I got the diagrams from him and fitted the chips EXACTLY as per diagram.(Please be pacient) After fitting the chips I started up the box and all seemed well, played a few games with no probs. Included in his instructions was a DVD CD with a flash program on it, namely m8plus_v1.6 which he told me I had to flash the X Box with, This I did on the first box. Now it really struggles to start up, sometimes only after the 6, 7 8th attempt so I put it aside and started on the second box. During the flashing process, we had a power failure. Once power was restored, I tried to start up the box but no responce. The eject light flashes quicly 3 times, twice slowly and then turns to green and stays there. No responce from the DVD tray at all, just won't open although the light flashes. Please guys, whats gone wrong and what can I do. The dealer won't help because the boxes have been opened. Is this a hopeless case, or should I buy another..

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

Firstly this post should really of gone in the ...
"All other and alternative modchips and cheapmods" section. OK so both xbox's are V1.6 and you have 2 aladdin xt modchips well the aladdin xt chips are very good for older xbox's but they are not the best for V1.6. Did you connect 2 wires to resistors near the front of the motherboard and connect these to the chip L1 and BT ? if so then a quick press on power should start the xbox in normal MS BIOS and it should work ok for originals.

You probly did not need to flash the chips at all since it booted ok before you flashed it. The main reason for flashing is to flash a bios thats compatible with a V1.6 and since it worked anyway it allready was. The problem with the first xbox is well known and its a problem with the aladdin xt modchip and the new evox m8 plus V1.6 bios and there is not much you can do about it. If you have a V1.6 and not V1.6b then Evox M8 V1.6 (not plus) might work more stable for you. But if you have a V1.6b then you will need another modchip like the Duox2 for it to work 100%. It will work as you have described but it can take many times for it to boot. Try flashing the original one with the Evox M8 V1.6 bios and see how it goes.

The second xbox you did must of got erased but then the power went out so it never got programmed. The only way to fix this is to reprogram the SST chip. One way is to use an external programmer but if you don't have one then just remove the SST from the socket and remove the SST chip from the other aladdin xt from the first xbox. Now put the good SST chip from the first xbox into the socket on the chip in the second xbox and it boot it up with the lid off and the dvdrom drive connected but turned around the wrong way. Now while the power is on remove the sst chip using a toothpick or something else ( not metal ) and replace it with the dead one. Now simply flash the SST chip again i would suggest the Evox M8 V1.6 (not plus).

You see the latest Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios is excellent for both V1.6 and V1.6b xboxes but it is not compatible with the aladdin xt modchip so allways use the Evox M8 V1.6 bios with the aladdin xt modchip also if your ram chips on the motherboard are samsung then you have a V1.6 and if they are Hynix then you have a V1.6b

HackDaBox !

#3 postman1

postman1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(HackDaBox @ Mar 6 2005, 01:50 PM)
Firstly this post should really of gone in the ...
"All other and alternative modchips and cheapmods" (Sorry sad.gif )section. OK so both xbox's are V1.6 and you have 2 aladdin xt modchips well the aladdin xt chips are very good for older xbox's but they are not the best for V1.6. Did you connect 2 wires to resistors near the front of the motherboard and connect these to the chip L1 and BT ?(YES I DID biggrin.gif ) if so then a quick press on power should start the xbox in normal MS BIOS and it should work ok for originals.

You probly did not need to flash the chips at all since it booted ok before you flashed it. The main reason for flashing is to flash a bios thats compatible with a V1.6 and since it worked anyway it allready was. The problem with the first xbox is well known and its a problem with the aladdin xt modchip and the new evox m8 plus V1.6 bios and there is not much you can do about it. If you have a V1.6 and not V1.6b then Evox M8 V1.6 (not plus) might work more stable for you. But if you have a V1.6b then you will need another modchip like the Duox2 for it to work 100%. It will work as you have described but it can take many times for it to boot. Try flashing the original one with the Evox M8 V1.6 bios and see how it goes.

The second xbox you did must of got erased but then the power went out so it never got programmed. The only way to fix this is to reprogram the SST chip. One way is to use an external programmer but if you don't have one then just remove the SST from the socket and remove the SST chip from the other aladdin xt from the first xbox. Now put the good SST chip from the first xbox into the socket on the chip in the second xbox and it boot it up with the lid off and the dvdrom drive connected but turned around the wrong way. Now while the power is on remove the sst chip using a toothpick or something else ( not metal ) and replace it with the dead one. Now simply flash the SST chip again i would suggest the Evox M8 V1.6 (not plus). (THANKS, THE PROP IS THE BOX WON'T START AFTER THE POWER LOSS grr.gif  I REMOVED THE CHIP AND ALL WIRES BUT STILL WILL NOT START)

You see the latest Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios is excellent for both V1.6 and V1.6b xboxes but it is not compatible with the aladdin xt modchip so allways use the Evox M8 V1.6 bios with the aladdin xt modchip also if your ram chips on the motherboard are samsung then you have a V1.6 and if they are Hynix then you have a V1.6b

HackDaBox !

View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users