Photo

Info Panel, Clock Display, And Song Info...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

this is my current dash (thanks to slick and mrmodem for the info panel code, odb for the uix orb and dirty walls, and to whoever made the clock display code like 50 years ago):

user posted image

i have no idea how to code the dash, so can someone hook a brother up and see if you could add a song display panel to this (preferably at the top left)? holy crap if anyone could do this, it would be friggin awesome!!

Edited by LyfsUXKuNT, 07 March 2005 - 12:06 AM.

#2 PsylentGlo

PsylentGlo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:08 AM

U think it might be easier to replace "AV pack type" with "Current track"? Cause honestly i dont know why anyone would realy need to know what av pack type there using. My Panel just has a ugly "STANDARD" in the info panel in all capitals.
I think anyone who does code edits might find it easier to just replace AV type in the code u already have anyway. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#3 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE(PsylentGlo @ Mar 7 2005, 02:14 AM)
U think it might be easier to replace "AV pack type" with "Current track"? Cause honestly i dont know why anyone would realy need to know what av pack type there using. My Panel just has a ugly "STANDARD" in the info panel in all capitals.
I think anyone who does code edits might find it easier to just replace AV type in the code u already have anyway.  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

View Post

tru dat, thought the same thing, but i figured the song name would be too long to fit in the box, and it would just look better if the song title was displayed at the top left corner. and if it were to be put into the info panel, then it should be able to at least scroll like in XBMC.

#4 PsylentGlo

PsylentGlo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 05:39 AM

Well said, but considering the current DEAD state of the uix forums. I doubt this dream will be realized unless its already in the UIX update.
I would do this coding but my coding skills are basicly "copy and paste".
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#5 mrmodem

mrmodem

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:01 PM

i could work on that.. might take me a couple days though cause im up to my neck in work.. but its simple enough...

#6 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

hey mrmodem thanks a bunch. you've helped me out a lot with my UIX smile.gif

if it gets in the way, then i wouldn't want you to do it seeing as you don't have much time, but if you could, it would be awesome! biggrin.gif

#7 PsylentGlo

PsylentGlo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:33 AM

Sounds awsome, but seriously that rocks if u get it done "awsome". If you dont "still awsome". But thanks for the interest none-the-less.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#8 clif

clif

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:14 AM

Well scence it was my genius idea to make 2 panels, and the first to meke them (one on the left and right) i will make a code for a third panel in the upper left corner. Its been about a month scence ive coded the dash, but im back for some more. so please post what you all want in the uper left corner.(like song name, #, soundrack, do you want it to scroll, do you want it to display somthing els on thumb down? anything you can think of, even the most craziest idea you can think of, i will give it a try! I will check back here in a few days to see what you all have said.

#9 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:09 AM

thanks clif!! okay, get ready for a challenge!!

ok so this is how i named my soundtracks in my dash. i have each soundtrack titled by the band name, and then inside is a 3-4 letter abbreviation, a "-", then the song name.

so basically, i'll want it like this:

soundtrack name-song name

take for example, the alien ant farm song, movies.

i have the soundtrack name as "Alien Ant Farm" then the actual songname in the soundtrack is "ATH-Movies" ATH standing for Anthology. so if you do it the way mentioned above, it should display like this:

Alien Ant Farm-ATH-Movies

also, if you could make it display the music volume in the bottom right corner of the panel and then have a function so i can change what the text on the top left corner of the panel is in the dash configuration.

and for the position of the panel itself. i want it to be like the new dual panel code, where the highlighted tab doesn't effect the movement of the panels (because that caused the clock display to go off the screen). i want it in the top left corner and make it the same distance away from the top of the screen and the orb and even with the info panel (so you can draw a straight line through the left side of both panels), and have it extend right to the center of the screen (between the top mini orb and the top tab). and if possible, give it a function that makes it scroll if the songname doesn't fit on the panel.

man if you pull this off, i have no idea how i'll repay you!!! thanks in advance!!!

#10 clif

clif

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:49 AM

okay, i shall work on it, it wont take me to long, i will work on it tonite sand friday some.

#11 clif

clif

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:24 AM

sorry about the delay, but i have been super buisy this week, with school, work, and ebay, i will try to make this code but it may be awile sad.gif

#12 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:06 PM

no prob clif.

i don't mind if it takes a while because i know that i'm pretty much gonna be taking up a lot of your time with it, so i'm thankful that you're actually doing it for me.

no hard feelings smile.gif

#13 petermac

petermac

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

I got a solution for your problem download http://www.allxboxsk...p?app=uix&cat=0
Halo 2 ModBox Edition skin for uix
then extract the etra folder, which has the default.xip and main menu.xip, this will give you-
Right stick full motion music control-
soundtrack displayed on bottom left-
time and date on right-
press x to hide left menu-
press y or click left stick to switch left label to hd freespace, misc-
also, you get an xbox as your orb, if you go to dash settings/ general and switch the dash to modded- instead of stock

let me know how you like it

"ILL Will the thrill on kill"

gamertag :wegarth15
i play halo on live, level 10
you should to

#14 clif

clif

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:38 AM

ok i almost got it but my box needs to be resolderd on the psu or els it shuts off every second so i will try it later and if it works i will post it. wish i would not have this problem MS!

#15 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:43 PM

uhhh bump?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users