#1 AxxxxA

AxxxxA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:03 PM

hi guys,

a little help please,

i have just installed a new drive in my xbox (western digital 40gig), i followed the tutorial found on the xbox-scene and everything went fine, in fact i would say the instructions made it a doddle biggrin.gif , however, now when i boot from the mod chip (executor lite) everything is ok - no problems but when i turn it off and boot to the original dash i get the service warning screen and that it, is there a way round this or is this the price of having a larger drive installed.

by the way the only reason i want to boot from the original dash is to use the remote when playing DVD's.

cheer's guys
great site by the way.........

#2 SScorpio

SScorpio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:06 PM

To boot without a mod on you need two things:

1) Hard drive must be locked, use ConfigMagic (Note: some WDs can't be locked).
2) xboxdash.xbe must be the original Xbox dash.

You can use the original DVD player with a mod. If your using EvoX, just point the DVD Player option to the original xboxdash.xbe.

#3 AxxxxA

AxxxxA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:54 PM

thanks for the info SScorpio,

got the original dash backed up and as for config magic not sure how to use, a bit scary with all the setting, is it just a case of scrolling to the option that says lock hard drive ? or is there more to it. do you know if there is a user guide or something somewhere ?

as for the dvd where is the setting you suggested and will this work with region 1 & 2 discs.

cheer m8y

#4 drewZen

drewZen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:17 AM

i had similar problem...what i did was installed config magic and Locked the drive. When booting up 'retail mode' (modchip off)... the HD has to be locked. All i did in config magic was used the 'backup' featrure first which will back up all yer EEPROM and HD info onto yer E drive. Then i selected LOCK drive and thats it. Booted up jus fine. But make sure the xboxdash.xbe is the original like stated above. And use evoxdash.xbe for yer evox dash.

Edited by drewZen, 12 March 2003 - 02:23 AM.

#5 AxxxxA

AxxxxA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 07:46 AM

thanks for that,

I locked the drive with config magic and now everything works fine now biggrin.gif but in my Impatience I did miss something out.

first - I didnt backup the eeprom & hd info (is this a major f*** up ?)

second i was in the middle of playing halo befor i upgraded and now when i continue the game it is very jumpy sad.gif , any sugestions.

cheer's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users