• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jboogie321

Jboogie321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:31 PM

My friend has an aladdin chip, I forgot which kind exactly but he wants to remove it. Is there anyway to do this? You can just point me to some guides it they're already on here

#2 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:58 PM

Desolder Braid and a soldering iron, around 40watts. Look for desoldering info, maybe Google has info on one of its 8,058,044,651 pages?..

#3 Raa

Raa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:00 PM

you're crazy... any expert wanna give word on how dangerous that is for the xbox?
and thats a nice box modbox...

#4 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

Raa - Thanks.

How dangerous what is?

#5 Raa

Raa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:09 PM

desoldering - surely its risky in terms of the xbox working or not...

#6 Jboogie321

Jboogie321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

Ok is it really dangerous because I don't think my friend has too much sodering experience someone else put the chip in for him. If thats the only way and it shouldn't be done by an amateur let me know. Thanks guys

#7 rob_hellfire

rob_hellfire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, MTBing, Sailing, Windsurfing, Swimming, Walking, And would you believe i'm still fat !!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:13 PM

modbox is right, use desolder braid, or that but start with a solder pump which sucks away the solder when it is hot. It's not dangerous if you have a soldering iron that is ceramic cored so not current can pass through it, which most are these days. Just apply soldering braid over the solder points and heat one at a time until solder goes into the braid and repeat as necessary.

Don't leave soldering iron on for too long (>4-5secs), if it stops working the braid is full cut off the end you are using and continue with your fresh piece

#8 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

Well, using solder braid isnt too difficult, place it over the solder point and then place the soldering iron on that, it heats up and sucks the solder up, then remove the braid and the component is clean of solder.

EDIT: Just like Rob_Hellfire says, lol.

Edited by modbox_, 07 March 2005 - 08:16 PM.

#9 Jboogie321

Jboogie321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:26 PM

Thanks alot guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users