3 replies to this topic

#1 dooid

dooid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hi,

I've trawled through the forum trying to find the answer but I don't seem to be able to sort my problem out. I just installed an X-BIT 1.5 and all went fine until I went about flashing the bios. I downloaded the 1.5 XP flashing software as I had expected to and when I clicked connect nothing happened. The USB cable is connected, the green light is on and XP accepts and recognises the USB device on connection. I've spent all day trying to fix this. Can anybody help me out? I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

#2 dooid

dooid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

At the risk of exposing myself as an XBIT noob, I have the following dumb questions:

1. The chipped console turns on no problem but won't boot 'backup' games, I get the usual can't read disc type etc....
2. The green LED on the USB connector of the modchip, the part that hangs outside the box turns on when I power on the xbox, is this good or bad?
3. I do need to format and flash this modchip don't I??? It won't do the job unless the do that, right?

#3 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(dooid @ Mar 8 2005, 04:36 PM)
At the risk of exposing myself as an XBIT noob, I have the following dumb questions:

1.  The chipped console turns on no problem but won't boot 'backup' games, I get the usual can't read disc type etc....
2.  The green LED on the USB connector of the modchip, the part that hangs outside the box turns on when I power on the xbox, is this good or bad?
3.  I do  need to format and flash this modchip don't I???  It won't do the job unless the do that, right?

View Post

1)Chipped console wont play baked up games if they are on bad media/media your dvd drive doesnt like. If you have a thompson drive then this is almost cerainly the case. The xbox dvd drive cant read cd-r, but it can read some cd-rw.
Most of the dvd drives can read dvd-r, some brands work better than others. Only the thompson drive can read dvd+r unlesds the disk is written in a special mode (i think)

2)That means that the xbit has a good connection to the xboxs power points. Not neccisarily good or bad.

3)Yes, you need to format and flash the chip, because the xbit is shipped blank, all you will get without flashing it is a frag.

To answer your question about getting the pc to connect to it, try unplugging all other usb devices, and try all versions of the xbit software. Make sure that the yellow and black wires are firmly connected.

If you still cant get it to work, then you might have to try another computer. sad.gif

#4 dooid

dooid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:28 AM

Hi, thanks for the advice. It's not because of the media, I have already used these backups successfullly on the crappy Thomson drive and it's a Samsung in the new modded xbox. I have installed the modchip but when I boot up the xbox it still works like normal, from what you said it sounds like the xbox shouldn't work at all until I format and flash the bios. Is this significant?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users