4 replies to this topic

#1 ShinyNewPenny

ShinyNewPenny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:45 AM

I was thinking about getting a modded xbox so I can screw around off of Live, but I would still want to be able to play Live. My questions is, if I get a modded xbox with an off switch, would it be safe to play on Live? I know you can't play Live with the chip on, but would it work ok with the chip off, or would I still get banned? Someone told me they can still detect the chip if it is off, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

#2 munkle

munkle

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

the only chips i have heard about them detecting when off was the x3 i think its called xecuter 3 what ever, yes you can if you turn off your modchip, dont upgrade your hdd though because they check your hdd now, some say keep apps on f to be safe, and get a live blocking bios incase the chip is on by accident

#3 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:53 AM

You should be fine as long as your eeprom hasn't been banned previously or you decided to upgrade your hdd AFTER you went on XBL.

munkle: So just the X3 was detected when off? Link?

#4 munkle

munkle

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:08 AM

thats what i read in the marriage theory topic in the xbox live forum 10 people said they think they are scanning the lpc because there chips lcd thing (the x3 logo) changed color and went to the back up bios and then the back bios got loaded and they got banned, just speculation though

Edited by munkle, 09 March 2005 - 03:10 AM.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:43 AM

it was a xenium and ive only seen one person say it happened to them (and that was back in november)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users