5 replies to this topic

#1 Eyedea

Eyedea

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 01:35 AM

I have my Mame-X up and running for the first time today and I was looking through the documentation and saw that "You can configure the analog sticks in popup menu". The readme doesn't go beyond that explanation though.

I realize that I can press the white button while in game to get to the settings but have no idea how to make it so the Analog Stick works in game instead of the d-pad. Can anybody explain this to me? Can I just edit the .ini file to make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

#2 guile

guile

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 06:10 PM

Are there really 25 people more clueless then this guy? Or are some people just too lazy to answer. I would like to know the answer to that as well.
g

#3 Falcon1433

Falcon1433

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 06:31 PM

You should be able to go down to the item you wish to change, press the A button, then tap the analog stick in the direction you wish to use for that option.

I use this for TRON and it works great!!

Let me know if you need more assistance.

#4 guile

guile

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 06:41 PM

Thanks Falcon!!
g

#5 Eyedea

Eyedea

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 06:43 PM

I made the change and it was working great. When I went back to play after shutting off the Xbox though all my controls were back to the d-pad.

What do I have to do to make these changes "stick"?

#6 falz

falz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:52 AM

Yes, you can use the analog stick as a d-pad. However, it does NOT function as analog. IE- it's "on" or "off". it's on the feature list for the next mame, if/when it comes out, if/when superfro ever recovered from his hdd crash.

(to test it, play afterburner).

--falz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users