7 replies to this topic

#1 fromunda cheese

fromunda cheese

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:12 AM

I am using Princo 4x Dvd-r's. I used c-xbox tool to make an iso out of the original xbox game (star wars republic commando). I then went to burn the game on nero yet could only burn it in 2x and 4x (there was no 1x option).

I burnt it in 2x and got a dirty disk error on my philips dvd drive. When I play the game off the HD it runs great, how do I fix my dvd-r so it burns on 1x?

#2 Glass

Glass

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

Have you tried burning DVD+R? My sons phillips only reads +R's. Just a suggestion. smile.gif

#3 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:21 PM

It's a media issue. Try using better disks. Princo's are known to cause problems. And as far as burning at 1x. That also depends on the media or your writer. If your writer supports it the media must as well.

#4 mb3k

mb3k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Audio Amplification, Digital Photography, Snowboarding, Golfing
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

Exactly what bdf24 said. I backed up my copy of StarWars:RepubCommando with BenQ DVD-R's at 4X (the lowest speed I could choose in Nero).

#5 fromunda cheese

fromunda cheese

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:52 AM

Weak, I just bought a 100 of the princos because they were working fine with all my other games I burnt.

Maybe the princo's I got from this guy on ebay are different then the ones I had before???

What are the best dvd-r's to burn xbox games with??? I've heard good things about ritek.

#6 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:15 AM

Taiyo Yudens are the best. Make sure there made in japan though. Also Ritek G04's are usually a safe bet.

One thing to consider. Some games may work fine on the Princos. But others may not. Reason being some games are more demanding on the xbox DVD-Rom then others. So you may run into problems with those games. Another problem with cheap media is the life span of the disk. You may try to use the disk in a month or so and find out that it no longer works.

#7 someguy666

someguy666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:00 AM

hey guys im kinda a newb to all this stuff. im just wondering how you burn xbox games. ive got the chip for xbox so i can actually play burnt xbox games. so if anyone could let me know...

#8 GunPR

GunPR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:14 AM

theres some princos class A like the compusa ones
but theres some cheapo princos (well all of them are cheaps but..)
those ones works fine, but is not a reliable media... i suggest to give a try at memorex

use dvd-r and burn them at 2x max ....
console dvd roms sucks

Edited by GunPR, 29 March 2005 - 04:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users