I'm selling my modded Samsung SD-616T DVD-ROM... The drive works perfect ( made in March 2003) and not used too much. This drive reads everything, original XBox games, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, etc. Sites list that this drive can also read DVD+R but I tried one DVD+R and it didn't work. Not sure whether it was the way it was burnt or what not.
Here is what I did to modify this drive:
1. Reflash firmware
2. Attach pin header for yellow DVD cable
3. Cut out U on the side for the DVD-drive carrier peg
4. Cut off front lip of case
5. Trim front circuit board so drive sits closer to XBox
6. Removed from face plate
7. Removed LED, Volume control, and headphone jack
Asking $65US shipped in Canada or US. Paypal only
Edited by WeatherB, 09 March 2005 - 09:42 PM.