• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ff7cloud

ff7cloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:43 AM

I got a xbox v1.6 with a xcalibur chip. My friend helped me installed a xecuter 2.6 but after everything was done the power would not turn on. My friend said that he saw the light turned orange for a brief second. Is this because of the power supply? Because i used his xbox cords which is before the 1.6 version. We tried both (the replacement and the regular plug) cords. I finally went home and got the plug for xbox 1.6 but it would stiill not turn on. Is it because i used the wrong power cords which could have mess up my power supply or is it because of this http://www.llamma.co...ox_no_power.htm? i'm not really sure since i have a xcalibur chip. Please help.

Edited by ff7cloud, 11 March 2005 - 02:45 AM.

#2 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:58 AM

Check to see if any of the lpc points are bridged. Also did you do the rebuild?

#3 ff7cloud

ff7cloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 03:01 AM

Yea i solder the LPC http://www.yoxbox.co...1-6/solder.html that's the directions that i followed. I"m probably gonna check it to see if the points are bridged. I"m guessing that means touching each other. (sorry my friend just modded his xbox once and i'm totally new to modding)

#4 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:02 AM

Ok let us know. BTW I noticed in that guide he pulls off the whole front panel which is not necessary. All you have to do is unscrew controller ports 1 and 2 and pull them off then snake the wire down thru the slits, just so you know for future reference.

#5 ff7cloud

ff7cloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:56 AM

I don't get why the xbox wouldn't turn. My friend was pretty confident that he solder the thing correctly(we solder all the points on the lpc rebuild + all of the wires). Do u think that it is because of the power supply or is it MMBT3906LT1 transistor? Anyone help would be greatly appreciated. It could be a bad soldering job i'm not too sure. Has anyone ever have this problem?

#6 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:39 AM

You will need a multimeter to find out what the problem is.

#7 deusprogrammer

deusprogrammer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics, System Modifications, and Anime
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:11 PM

I hate to ask stupid questions...but did you reconnect the cable that runs to the Power/Eject PCB? That will prevent it from coming on. I've done it many times on accident. As far as bridging points, I don't think that would prevent it from coming on. That would cause it to FRAG. Check that little yellow cable that runs from the front of your XBox. Otherwise it seems your power supply could be bad...especially if it's one of those foxlink pieces of crap they have on 1.0-1.2s. Check under the power supply and see if anything got stuck underneath (a screw rolling underneath the power supply and shorting it out is very common among beginners).

#8 ff7cloud

ff7cloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:58 AM

deusprogrammer i think that you're right about the screw thing. i know it's not the yellow power cable thing cuz i checked out teamxecuter webiste about troubleshooting the 2.6. Me and my friend accidently dropped a screw under the power supply and we took it out. Does this help? please respond.

#9 deusprogrammer

deusprogrammer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:11 AM

Chances are you shorted out the power supply, just replace it. You can get an XBox PSU on eBay for about $8

#10 ff7cloud

ff7cloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

ok thanks for you help. Hopefully it's the power supply.

#11 deusprogrammer

deusprogrammer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:25 PM

Take the power supply out and look at it. If it looks burnt on the bottom at any point, then the power supply is dead. But I'm more than certain your Power Supply is dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users