• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 J_A_C_K

J_A_C_K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:50 PM

I just bought a premod xbox with a chip and 120GB Hd installed. I tried to get some info on what chip they used but I got the "someone else did it, donno what chip it is"- message.

So Ive searched the net for days and I think it an old type of Matrix, but not sure.

So here goes:
user posted image

Anyone recognise this chip (what a mess) ?

Any Info apreciated smile.gif

#2 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:08 PM

no, that is a cheap mod of some type and yes, it is a mess.

#3 phonisa

phonisa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(J_A_C_K @ Mar 11 2005, 07:56 PM)
I just bought a premod xbox with a chip and 120GB Hd installed. I tried to get some info on what chip they used but I got the "someone else did it, donno what chip it is"- message.

So Ive searched the net for days and I think it an old type of Matrix, but not sure.

So here goes:
user posted image

Anyone recognise this chip (what a mess) ?

Any Info apreciated  smile.gif

View Post

yes it is a cheap mod as LepPpeR said. These chip are mostly based on an SST chip and are unfortunately very old hat now. Whoever supplied this to you needs shooting because at this moment in xbox modding anything less than an X2 is really a waste of time. Do you know what bios the chip has come with? will probably need a bios update - but i have never actually played with one of these so I will only be able to offer so much advice on this.

if you are concerned about functionality you would probably be best to get a modern chip, could even get a solderless adapter - but saying that if it does everything you need it too then just sit tight. Looks a bit fragile though. Not even very good soldering by the look of it - lasy git did not even use a pin header.

keep asking though - im sure lots of people will be happy to help

have a good weekend mate beerchug.gif

#4 Warclock

Warclock

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:58 PM

It's a cheapmod, only work on V1.0-1.2 and all v1.6

Won't work on v1.3- 1.5 because of Lframe, unless you know what to do with Lframe

That chip cost like 5 bucks. I used to do that all the times. Costless, That's all you need for a cheap mod chip. It will do the same as other chip. If you want to play online, you need to install the switch On/Off.

Edited by Warclock, 14 March 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#5 J_A_C_K

J_A_C_K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:44 PM

Thanks All!

After your suggestions, I look in the cheapmods forum, and indeed its a cheapmod, infact its exactly like this one:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=250154

Flashed with the "evox m8" or at least I think it is (it could just be the dash tho). The EVOX triangle at the top left (and the "Matrix" below) suggest its in the chip. EvoX m8 says "unknown bios".

Guess theres no "off" settings so Ill avoid using it online then (I got a old "spare" xbox I can use goin' live). This is what u get when u buy cheap wink.gif

Cant complain tho, everything works great (boots all, ftp is fast and hd works)

Thanks again tongue.gif

Edited by J_A_C_K, 16 March 2005 - 06:45 PM.

#6 OveRDoSe`

OveRDoSe`

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

Hope you dident pay to much for that lol.

#7 J_A_C_K

J_A_C_K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:27 PM

It was suprisingly cheap (I should have guessed they'd go cheap on me too). Pretty much what I would pay to get a new xbox and a 120gb hd locally. Guess they can get it cheaper than me, or they wouldnt get any profit at all.

#8 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:09 AM

Itīs definatly some kind of homebrew, i think its a tightmod myself. If you dont really need more bioses id leave it just as it is and focus on the software.

-BxN

#9 munkle

munkle

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE(phonisa @ Mar 12 2005, 03:03 PM)
Whoever supplied this to you needs shooting because at this moment in xbox modding anything less than an X2 is really a waste of time.

View Post

whats wrong with and alladdin, or a doux2? or anything lesser than an x2?, nothing, your just an xecuter fan boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users