wolrahnaes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:58 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who absolutely hates the Controller S. Are any 3rd party manufacturers making controllers based on the "duke" design rather than the "S"? My original controllers are beginning to break after 3 and a half years of abuse, and I don't want to be stuck with those tiny POSes.

Wireless would be preferred, but basically I'm looking for anything where the back, start, black, and white buttong are in usable locations (i.e. not behind my thumb knuckle).

#2 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:10 AM

i have an original duke id be willing to sell, its painted already but nothing a lil mieral sprits wouldnt take care of, Pm me if interested

#3 00g

00g

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(wolrahnaes @ Mar 12 2005, 02:04 AM)
I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who absolutely hates the Controller S.  Are any 3rd party manufacturers making controllers based on the "duke" design rather than the "S"?  My original controllers are beginning to break after 3 and a half years of abuse, and I don't want to be stuck with those tiny POSes.

Wireless would be preferred, but basically I'm looking for anything where the back, start, black, and white buttong are in usable locations (i.e. not behind my thumb knuckle).

View Post

I'm like you. I hate the S controllers.

I bought my box today, and traded a neighborhood kid for his big controller.

#4 cwindsor2003

cwindsor2003

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:13 AM

I had to in great shape... Just got rid of one today...

I still got another left?

Let me know

Edited by cwindsor2003, 13 March 2005 - 02:13 AM.

#5 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:15 AM

yeah, i dont think anyone makes a very big controller any more.. you'll just have to rely on ebay... only thing i really didnt like on them was the d-pad..

#6 wolrahnaes

wolrahnaes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Mar 12 2005, 02:16 AM)
i have an original duke id be willing to sell, its painted already but nothing a lil mieral sprits wouldnt take care of, Pm me if interested

View Post

QUOTE(cwindsor2003 @ Mar 12 2005, 08:19 PM)
I had to in great shape... Just got rid of one today...
I still got another left?

Let me know

View Post

Sorry guys, not in the market for one just yet. One of mine is still fully functional, and the other just has a break in the insulation on the wiring. I was just asking right now to get an idea if there was any hope for fans of the big one.

QUOTE(FallsInc @ Mar 12 2005, 08:21 PM)
yeah, i dont think anyone makes a very big controller any more.. you'll just have to rely on ebay... only thing i really didnt like on them was the d-pad..

View Post

What don't you like about the D-Pad? Personally I think the smoother surface of the big one's d-pad helps when entering cheats and such.

This seems like a nice niche market.....time to look up costs on plastic injection molding...

#7 ModByChris

ModByChris

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:21 PM

I haven't found anywhere in the UK, occasionally i've found one in good condition second hand at GAME stores (they sell em nice and cheap too cos no one wants them).

It's such a shame M$ stopped making them... mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users