#1 Slayer-Zx

Slayer-Zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:40 AM

According to the final step for the Xbox Xecuter 3 CE Install Tutorial in
http://www.mod-chip...._install.htm:...

"Your TV screen should show FlashBIOS v3.x. To test disabling the mod simply press and hold the power button until the X3 Logo shines bright red. It shouldn't be longer than a second. You will now see your Xbox booting with the X3 disabled and the TV screen should show your Xbox booting up as normal with the Green X Logo."

However... for some reason after i just installed the X3 chip.. along with the power/eject buttons.. all the functions worked except for:.. when i put my Xbox in the "red" X3 Disabled mode my xbox the screen goes blank and i dont get any signal from Audio nor Video... what is this??? does anyone know?.. if so if they can explain it.. because ive been having this problem since before i flashed Bios 3029.. and it runs 3029 really well.. but I just cant figure out why I cant come back to the original M$ when i disable the mod chip by "Holding the power-on button down for a couple seconds".. does this have anything to do with the Bios..?.. im not sure.. and also just to let you know I do have mY HDD locked.. as it shows in the X3 menu.. so im not sure what im missing.. but if there is something else that im supposed to do in order to make this function to work properly im all out of ideas.. since i am new to this and i have searched endlessly for the clues.. if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it...

Just to let everyone know I got the X3CE.. on a v1.4 xbox.. and installed it using the Xapt3r adapter..with all Blue LEDs and the red one for the D0 port..and i now have the X3 3029 bios flashed from CD and it functions correctly.. I just want the MOD Disabled mode to work.. and get back to the original M$ dashboard.. plz.. someone be my savior.. and help me.. i beg.. lol.. thanks a million.. I appreciate any help..I may be a noob.. however as the saying goes.. help someone in need and that deed will come back as repayment to you in the future.. happy.gif.. thanks again guys....

I have some assumptions.. but correct me if im wrong.. one thing i noticed that i didnt do.. was when i flashed the Bios from CD was that.. i didnt have the first two memory bank buttons activated... and also.. i was wondering if this could be a Hardware malfunction?.. it couldnt be the Power/eject chip.. because all the combinations work perfectly.. they switch into the correct modes....

- Also one thing i wanted to know about, when i put the disable the mod using the "power-button holding" technique.. is my primary controller light supposed to turn bright red?.. im using the X3 Pro Switch.. and i wanted to know if the primary light on the far left is actually supposed to turn red.. because there is also a button that i can push that turns green and red.. does this control the on/off switch on the X3 as well?.. which way is a more effective way to disable your mod.. using the switch on the X3 Switch pro..or.. using the "power-holding" technique on the xbox to disable the Mod chip..?? any responses on this would be appreciated as well...

#2 Slayer-Zx

Slayer-Zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:43 AM

Ok.. as i am trying to investigate the current issue that i have with my Xbox not being able to boot in Disabled MOD mode.. i decided to remove all the modifications.. I removed the Xapt3r as well as the MOD chip.. and also replaced the power/eject button to its original slot.. and when i go to turn on the Xbox.. i get no signal.. at all... the original startup that comes with xbox.. does not come up just as if im trying to run the xbox in Disabled mode.. the same thing happens.. the M$ logo does not come up.. at all.. however.. here is the very wierd part...... after countless times of turning on and off the xbox.. i notice that 2 out of 10 times.. the M$ bios loads.. and the MS logo appears..successfully.. and just after i think its fixed.. when i turn the xbox off.. and on again.. i get no signal... meaning that it comes on once in a while.. and not every time..... what can be wrong?.. can it be my VGA port?... or can it be my the original BIOS from M$.. it cant be deleted because it does come on about 2% of the time.... but thats it.. and im not sure what it can be.. the power on the board comes on... and i get no startup... no signal.. I removed everything and its back to its original state.. and i never got this problem before i even modded my xbox in the first place.. i didnt solder anything... and im not sure where the original BIOS chip is... i know its come kind of hardware issue.. because it comes on sometimes.. but if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.... plz... this is the weirdest thing..and no one has had this problem as i have searched.. what do you guys think it is?

#3 Slayer-Zx

Slayer-Zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:48 AM

Also for further information... did not replace my HDD.. i have stock.. and the funny thing is.. the Xbox loads the MS Bios.. about 2 times out of 20 boots....... so i dont think the Bios is corrupted.. just the activation of the Bios isnt functioning correctly.. in other words.. its Natural dominant boot-up doesnt take over.. something is keeping it from being triggered properly.. and judging that it happen a couple times means that its some kind of weak signal.. because im guessing a random large surge of power can cause it to activate sometimes.. and most of the time it doesnt.. so something somewhere on the board is faulty or is not bridged properly.. if anyone has any suggestions.. you know how much i would appreciate it.. happy.gif.. Thanks

#4 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Interests:Romance, Audio/Video, Computers, Video Games, Skiing, Swimming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:47 PM

I had the same problem with an xbox of mine. I have concluded the top d0 is messed up. I think what is happening is the xbox warms up enough for the bad spot to make contact and fix itself temporarily. So I just flashed one of the banks on my chip with a retail bios and boot from it for disabled mode. Works fine and never banned because of it.. Keep in mind I have a Xenium. But you have more than 1 bank on your chip I believe so give it a shot.

#5 Slayer-Zx

Slayer-Zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(prplehz @ Mar 12 2005, 09:53 AM)
I had the same problem with an xbox of mine. I have concluded the top d0 is messed up. I think what is happening is the xbox warms up enough for the bad spot to make contact and fix itself temporarily. So I just flashed one of the banks on my chip with a retail bios and boot from it for disabled mode. Works fine and never banned because of it.. Keep in mind I have a Xenium. But you have more than 1 bank on your chip I believe so give it a shot.

View Post

hey .... i think thats my solution.. hey man.. can you walk me through the process? first of all how can you even access your memory banks while the MOD is running in disabled mode?.. hopefully with your solution this can work.. how do i get a retail bios?.. can you plz walk me through this?.. i think this is my only alternative for me to try.. thank you soo much.. happy.gif.. if anyone has any other suggestions plz do tell..

#6 Slayer-Zx

Slayer-Zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:01 AM

Can you explain to me what you did in detail plz?.. I am very interested in learning what you did to solve this issue..if anyone else can confirm his method. i would appreciate it also..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users