Photo

Hitting (solder) The D0 Point From The Back?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 6thSense

6thSense

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:56 AM

I have the first xbit (v.1) and have it for a version 1.0 xbox. I had this chip for a while now. Had it installed with the solderless method. Had no problems. Well since then, i have taken everything out so that I could paint this batch.

Anywho, long story short. I assumed that it was time for me to be a big boy and solder this joker. I get all the LPC points in, and become pretty confident. Go for that D0, and hit problems. Read through some forums, and some suggested scrape the gold off/ Well, didn't work. Then one of my forum buddies suggested that I solder the d0 from the back. I used this guide (below) to help me find the point.

Well, everything seemed kosher, but then once I hooked everything up, it fragged. I took everything out, and saw the point came loose. I resoldered it, and secured it with blk electric tape. Made sure all the wires were secure in the xbit and elsewhere on the motherboard, and tried again. Still fraggin. I turn the chip off, and it still frag's/

I know the bios are cool because I confirmed them with my buddy's box/chip. Did I fug my motherboard up or something trying to solder? What's really going on? There are so many things that can happen when you frag, so how does one do diagnostics to narrow it down to the source of the problem?

user posted image

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

i assume you used these diagrams when installing the modchip? ... http://www.dms3.com/...?page=downloads

they show the D0 wire on the surface in there diagrams but the "alt d0" still should work just as good the one i linked u to in that pic (even though it was from xecuter installation diagrams)

like i say i dont really know what else to tell you besides checking your soldering over once u use these diagrams.

good luck wink.gif

#3 6thSense

6thSense

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

Yea, I used that. Man, I have no idea. All the points are secure and I do not see anything touching another point. Does a bad solder connection cause it to frag? I wish there was an easier way to test this bad boy. Plugging the controller ports, hd, etc all back in just to test it is becoming a pain. I guess it is just rookie soldering mod growing pains

#4 6thSense

6thSense

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:38 PM

I took everything loose. Desoldered everything. Still frags. Does that mean my motherboard is toast????

#5 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:03 AM

well if the thing worked before with solderless adapter... it's most likely a bad solder point as to why it's fraggin.

dont use more than 15watt soldering iron wink.gif

dont know what else to tell you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users