• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dcvolki

dcvolki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:04 AM

ok i got hte xbox v1.5 and x3 modchip with x3 2914 bios and tried to download the evox 3935 and put the cd into the drive it comes up the evox dash but once i take the cd out and reboot it becomes to my bios how do i fix this?

Edited by dcvolki, 13 March 2005 - 02:05 AM.

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:37 AM

well i recommend you use avalaunch instead... but if u want to use evox as your main dashboard just do this...

ftp into the xbox using the x3 config live's built-in ftp server and then transfer the evox files into the C partition on the xbox... then reboot the xbox... it will most likely go back into the x3 config live... just select "boot to dash" (i think thats what it's called) then it will boot into evox... you can disable the x3 config live and make it boot directly into the evox dash everytime u startup your xbox by doing this...

X3 Config Live > Customize X3 Bios > Autostart X3 Config Live = DISABLED

once u do this it will auto boot into the evox or avalunch dashboards when u turn on the xbox... if u need to get back into the x3 config live for anything just reboot xbox and HOLD DOWN THE WHITE BUTTON and it will boot into the x3 config live.

good luck wink.gif

#3 dcvolki

dcvolki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 12 2005, 10:43 PM)
well i recommend you use avalaunch instead... but if u want to use evox as your main dashboard just do this...

ftp into the xbox using the x3 config live's built-in ftp server and then transfer the evox files into the C partition on the xbox... then reboot the xbox... it will most likely go back into the x3 config live... just select "boot to dash" (i think thats what it's called) then it will boot into evox... you can disable the x3 config live and make it boot directly into the evox dash everytime u startup your xbox by doing this...

X3 Config Live > Customize X3 Bios > Autostart X3 Config Live = DISABLED

once u do this it will auto boot into the evox or avalunch dashboards when u turn on the xbox... if u need to get back into the x3 config live for anything just reboot xbox and HOLD DOWN THE WHITE BUTTON and it will boot into the x3 config live.

good luck wink.gif

View Post

my xbox doesnt connetted to my pc tho..any other options u think?
will it be easier to use avalaunch

#4 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:46 AM

are u using crossovercable or router?... router is easier but crossovercable will work... but with a crossovercable u gotta setup static ip address (on both xbox and pc) where as with a router just enable DHCP in x3 config live and reboot xbox then the x3 config live will auto get a ip address from your router.

then connect and do your thing.

Edited by ThaCrip, 13 March 2005 - 07:50 AM.

#5 dcvolki

dcvolki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:20 AM

ok i dont have a internet connection on my xbox and it is not connected to my pc...i got X3 modchip and the slayers evox autoinstaller what kind of bios do i need to run????

#6 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:16 AM

well u said u got the X3.2914 bios on your X3 modchip right? ... well if u do, this has ftp built into it... the "X3 Config Live" is part of the X3.2914 bios which has all the stuff i was saying in my above post.

if it aint booting into the x3 menu... just reboot the xbox and hold down the white button and it will boot into the "X3 Config Live" menu.

X3.3029 is the newest bios for your modchip.

Edited by ThaCrip, 13 March 2005 - 09:17 AM.

#7 dcvolki

dcvolki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 13 2005, 02:22 AM)
well u said u got the X3.2914 bios on your X3 modchip right? ... well if u do, this has ftp built into it... the "X3 Config Live" is part of the X3.2914 bios which has all the stuff i was saying in my above post.

if it aint booting into the x3 menu... just reboot the xbox and hold down the white button and it will boot into the "X3 Config Live" menu.

X3.3029 is the newest bios for your modchip.

View Post

i can change the bios no problem but the problem is the slayers cd does not get this bios either when i run the cd it show bios unknown...

#8 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:45 AM

dont bother with slayers to update the x3's bios... use the "256k backup" bios on the x3 modchip to update the bios...

here is what i mean... http://www.teamxecut...e_functions.jpg

also leave the dip switch on the switch set to... Bank 1234: on on off off (Set to this when flashing first time with FlashBIOS)

so basically after u do this... u can either use the "enable network flash" option which uses HTTP to flash the modchips bios OR u can make a flashbios compatible cd-rw disk to flash the bios using the "load bios from disk" , here is instructions on how to do that...
http://www.teamxecut...lashbios/cd.htm

have fun wink.gif

Edited by ThaCrip, 14 March 2005 - 12:53 AM.

#9 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 01:10 AM

also u dont need that slayers disk at all for anything since EVERYTHING u need to be able to do can be done through the "X3 config live" (this is built into ALL X3 bios's) ... like formatting a new hdd and ftping into the xbox to transfer your dashboard (avalaunch - evox etc) files into the C partition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users