• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steveperry81

steveperry81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:26 AM

I have read quit a few topics but can't find the exact answer I am looking for. I am running a version 1 xbox with an xecuter 3 ce chip with the beautiful thompson drive. I got to the flash bios screen and proceeded to the http bios flashing process. The first attempt I made was with an X3 3029 bios. The bios went threw, the yellow bar came up then the green and then the xbox turned off. When I turned the xbox back on it came back the original flash bios screen. Thinking that the bios didn't take, I http flashed it again with the X3 3029 v16 plus. Now when I turn it on, the xbox makes a short beep turns off, turns back on, then off again, and finally turns back on with black video feed and fraging. When I did all of this, memory banks 1 and 2 were on. I would like to know if I broke the xecuter chip? Is there some how I can redo the flash bios? Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

myspleen rules

#2 wolrahnaes

wolrahnaes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:03 AM

Why did you flash the 1.6 BIOS on a 1.0? That's just asking for trouble.

#3 steveperry81

steveperry81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:29 AM

Because I am more or less slow/stupid. Do you think the chip is broken? Is there any way to fix it? The xbox still works, with out the chip engaged.

#4 J_K_M_A_N

J_K_M_A_N

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:52 AM

You can reboot to the flash screen (backup bios). I think you have to press the eject button and the power button at the same time. Then you can try again. Good luck.

J_K_M_A_N

#5 steveperry81

steveperry81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:42 AM

I just tried the two button thing and it looks like it will work. Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on which bios I should run? After I flash the bios, do I have to turn the flash protect back on? Should I change the switches on the front around? Just some questions I can't seem to find answers to.

Edited by steveperry81, 13 March 2005 - 04:43 AM.

#6 phrozenfeonix

phrozenfeonix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:13 AM

okay, in the backup screen, flash the latest bios from XBINS (no torrents, etc.!!!) hten make sure the DIP switches are all set for bank one (oddly enough, if you unglud the switches it'll boot to bank one on it's own, but on the http flashing page, there's a caption that tells you how your switches should be set

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users