X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Oaka @ Apr 3 2005, 07:19 PM)
I got all the files. Here's another stupid question:

(1)What do I use to connect to the XBOX using FlashFXP? I know I need a cable, but what kind? (I can't remember what cable you use for these kind of things..)

(2)Where can I find a free FTP program after my 30 day evaluation?

Thanks again.

View Post

Or you can just make a shortcut in favorites. Open up any folder and type, for example, ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2/ for the address. (substituting your xbox's ip number for the 192.168.0.2 part, of course) Then, go to favorites / add to favorites and choose something like 'xbox' for the name of the link. You have to go back and right-click the shortcut and go to properties and re-insert the 'xbox:xbox@' part once, for some reason; but from then on, you have a shortcut in favorites where all you have to to is click it to move files to/from your xbox as easy as file browsing on your computer. I've absolutely no idea why people don't just suggest this instead of downloading flashfxp. It's much easier.

Edited by Hopeful, 03 April 2005 - 09:26 PM.

#17 Oaka

Oaka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Apr 3 2005, 02:25 PM)
Or you can just make a shortcut in favorites. Open up any folder and type, for example, ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2/ for the address.  (substituting your xbox's ip number for the 192.168.0.2 part, of course) Then, go to favorites / add to favorites and choose something like 'xbox' for the name of the link. You have to go back and right-click the shortcut and go to properties and re-insert the 'xbox:xbox@' part once, for some reason; but from then on, you have a shortcut in favorites where all you have to to is click it to move files to/from your xbox as easy as file browsing on your computer. I've absolutely no idea why people don't just suggest this instead of downloading flashfxp.  It's much easier.

View Post

I see. Well, my brother is on the XBOX right now, thus I can't get the IP address. I tried to click yours, and it kept deleting the xbox:xbox@ part, and saying I didn't have permission to view it. How do I know it wont say that on mine, when I get to try?

Oh, and thanks alot to you all for being patient with me. I'm a newbie to all of this, and I haven't been able to open up my XBOX yet, much less start hacking/installing/switching/flashing/etc. dry.gif I don't know if I'll ever be able to get that X-Lite modchip from Easy Buy 2000. .

Edited by Oaka, 04 April 2005 - 12:50 AM.

#18 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(Oaka @ Apr 3 2005, 11:53 PM)
I see. Well, my brother is on the XBOX right now, thus I can't get the IP address. I tried to click yours, and it kept deleting the xbox:xbox@ part, and saying I didn't have permission to view it. How do I know it wont say that on mine, when I get to try?

Oh, and thanks alot to you all for being patient with me. I'm a newbie to all of this, and I haven't been able to open up my XBOX yet, much less start hacking/installing/switching/flashing/etc.  dry.gif  I don't know if I'll ever be able to get that X-Lite modchip from Easy Buy 2000. .

View Post

A) The short answer is that you don't know. I don't know what could be mis-set on your machine. You do need a mod of some sort before you can even ftp to your xbox, of course. The password part is supposed to disappear from the address bar every time, but not from the shortcut that you make. That's why you have to go back and re-type it into the shortcut one time. The cable that you use is called a 'crossover cable', and the electronics store should know what that is. The forum that you will need to go to to find out this basic beginning stuff is the newbie forum.

#19 Oaka

Oaka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Apr 3 2005, 11:56 PM)
A) The short answer is that you don't know. I don't know what could be mis-set on your machine. You do need a mod of some sort before you can even ftp to your xbox, of course. The password part is supposed to disappear from the address bar every time, but not from the shortcut that you make.  That's why you have to go back and re-type it into the shortcut one time.  The cable that you use is called a 'crossover cable', and the electronics store should know what that is. The forum that you will need to go to to find out this basic beginning stuff is the newbie forum.

View Post

Thanks for continuing to help me. Also, I've read (most) of the Beginner's Guide to XBOX Modification. Also, I've read all of the How to Fully Take Your XBOX Apart guide, I just can't find a guide that tells you exactly how to put the modchip in, and fit everything else I need to know in it too. I know that I'd have to solder some pins into hole in the motherboard, or solder some wires, or for a non-solderless, screw it down, and ?plug them into the modchip?(that's what a guide said, I have no idea on how to do that). In the newbie forum, I haven't found anything. . What guides did you read to learn? huh.gif (Sorry if I'm a nuisance) I have to get meh some money anyhows to buy a modchip. (Can't get a job dry.gif )

#20 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:16 PM

That's really quite off topic for this forum. It's complicated, and you need to know what type of xbox you have, so you know where to solder the wires. Especially if you're new to the idea of soldering, I would not attempt that. If you don't know how to neatly drop a conductive solder on electronics, I would see if there's a modchip installer within acceptable traveling or even vacation distance to you. The next time you travel or go on vacation, drop the box and chip off and have them do it. (Make sure they're reputable first, so that you do not get ripped off.) You could ruin your xbox if you do not understand electronics soldering, and who wants to shell out another hundred bucks?

Edited by Hopeful, 04 April 2005 - 10:22 PM.

#21 moose544

moose544

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:55 PM

Ok, I guess im just stupid, but will someone please tell me do i need a modchip to convert pc mods to xbox, and if i do tell me the one i need to get, where to get it and at the best price, and how to do it, because i know thats abut all the modding im going to do to my xbox.

Now i need someone to tell me how to get a connection established between the pc and xbox, do you do it through the ethernet port or what? and then how do you get the computer to recognize it?

Im a newbie so i really ned some help and would really apreceite it if someone would help me! Thanx

#22 Oaka

Oaka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Apr 4 2005, 03:22 PM)
That's really quite off topic for this forum.  It's complicated, and you need to know what type of xbox you have, so you know where to solder the wires. Especially if you're new to the idea of soldering, I would not attempt that.  If you don't know how to neatly drop a conductive solder on electronics, I would see if there's a modchip installer within acceptable traveling or even vacation distance to you.  The next time you travel or go on vacation, drop the box and chip off and have them do it. (Make sure they're reputable first, so that you do not get ripped off.)  You could ruin your xbox if you do not understand electronics soldering, and who wants to shell out another hundred bucks?

View Post

I see. Well, I MIGHT have a XBOX v.13 since it was made in China, and in SOmething 2003. I checked the xbox-linux's XBOX guide, but that's not 100% accurate, since I should open up the XBOX to be 100%.

#23 Oaka

Oaka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(Oaka @ Apr 7 2005, 02:02 PM)
I see. Well, I MIGHT have a XBOX v.13 since it was made in China, and in SOmething 2003. I checked the xbox-linux's XBOX guide, but that's not 100% accurate, since I should open up the XBOX to be 100%.

View Post

Oops! Sorry, I meant to say XBOX v1.3, not XBOX v.13.

#24 GabrielRayven

GabrielRayven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(rhl958 @ Apr 2 2005, 09:20 PM)
1. You do not need Morrowind PC
2. Yes

View Post

From what I understand, and I may be wrong, you DO need the morrowind CS. Which also only comes from the pc version in full.

And I also am under the impression that you CANNOT just transfer the files from the pc to the xbox. If it were that easy, one would not need tutorials on how to do it. Not trying to be rude or anything here, just pointing out an observation.

Yeah, I just tried that whole "just transfer the files" thing. No go. It loads the game, I'll give you that. Anything other than just the basic Morrowind though, not happening.

Edited by GabrielRayven, 04 May 2005 - 05:11 AM.

#25 GabrielRayven

GabrielRayven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(rhl958 @ Mar 12 2005, 08:47 PM)
For those that have a hard time converting there Morrowind PC mods over to the Xbox Look no further.

How Too online version Click Here

How Too downloadable Version Click Here

Both versions are the same

Feel free to leave feedback, suggestions and what not

This does not cover Merging mods if someone were to make a how too on Merging mods please post link in here.

View Post

Again, not trying to be rude, but, if you are going to post on a "How Too", then I would recommend placing IN FULL everything that it takes. If I knew that there was as much work to be done to get a mod onto the xbox, I would not have looked further into your system. One, I have yet to get it to work. Two, as complex as it is, you would think that it would work easier. Three, needs to be MUCH MUCH more newb friendly. You almost need a degree to understand some of this. Four, you go into too much detail on some parts that do not require it, and too little on parts that do need it.

These are just suggestions. The biggest one, would have to be this:

If you are going to post a how too, then please, please, post the full system instead of a dumbed down version that does not work.

#26 conan26

conan26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:07 PM

OK,
rhl, or anyone else out there with success on this, grifter?
ive got everything down using tedsk and ftping my xbox, all using this guide and a few others, and i think of everything ive learned i may have missed the stupidest part, in your tutorial rhl it does not (i believe) tell you where to put meshes, textures and other folders besides what to do with the esp file. Did i miss something here? can you just transfer them over to a certain place? I looked for any folders to put them but found none nor believed it would be the correct procedure anyway
thanx in advance for the help

#27 grifter66

grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:16 PM

See this topic I just created on this:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=394817

#28 conan26

conan26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(grifter66 @ May 8 2005, 07:22 PM)
See this topic I just created on this:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=394817

View Post

perfect!
another question down. OK grifter that procedure is used with what other method? did you use the hex method for the esm files? or did u use the tutorial that rhl provided for the esm files, all i need to know now is, which method you used. If you used the hex method then i will go with that and then follow the tutorial for file placement you provided.

Edited by conan26, 08 May 2005 - 11:04 PM.

#29 th3rdeye420

th3rdeye420

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

In the pc version of Morrowind I know all you had to do was create a folder called Override and it would load the mods. In KotoR 2 the same thing was true. Now in th GOTY edition of Morrowind can you make this folder. If you cant then I doubt the house mods will work has anyone tried this?

#30 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(th3rdeye420 @ Jun 8 2005, 08:58 AM)
In the pc version of Morrowind I know all you had to do was create a folder called Override and it would load the mods. In KotoR 2 the same thing was true. Now in th GOTY edition of Morrowind can you make this folder. If you cant then I doubt the house mods will work has anyone tried this?

View Post

All the house mods work perfectly as long as you remove any dependencies and convert them to the xbox esm. I have 5 house mods that all work perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users