#1 nartac

nartac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:23 AM

I was offered a good deal on the mentioned motherboard (J for Japanese) with hd combo. My question is will this play original US games? I imagine if I plan to mod this with an X3 chip, it would behave just like any other NTSC units am I correct?

#2 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:29 AM

yup - with a mod it will behave just a normal universal xbox

only thing to careful of is with the psu

obviously you will need a 1.6 psu - if you get the original psu though....

it could be a 110v jap psu
or
a 240v psu if it was a ntsc-j asian model

the eeprom could be changed to usa if you needed - but the old config magic don't work on 1.6 mobo's

#3 nartac

nartac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for your expertise reply, Pizza Pizz. Are you saying then that if this combo does not come with a PSU and if I purchase a 1.6 PSU for USA consoles, then it will work? no incompatibilities?

In your opinion, if you got a good deal on it. Would you get it or would you pass and get a North America NTSC motherboard instead?

#4 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(nartac @ Mar 13 2005, 04:59 AM)
Thanks for your expertise reply, Pizza Pizz.  Are you saying then that if this combo does not come with a PSU and if I purchase a 1.6 PSU for USA consoles, then it will work?  no incompatibilities?

In your opinion, if you got a good deal on it.  Would you get it or would you pass and get a North America NTSC motherboard instead?

View Post

a 110v 1.6 psu will work fine - but don't put a 1.6 mobo in an older case
the older cases have 11 screw holes - the 1.6 has 10 screw holes
near the a/v port a short would happen when the 11th screw hole grounds onto the 1.6 mobo resulting in a dead mobo

so be careful

if it was an earlier one then I wouldn't care and gran any region mobo coz it would be less of a pain to mod - no lpc to rebuild and go in any old case I got lying around - plus I could fit a mod on there for a temporary fix - then could get the region or softmod on there, remove mod and tsop it

end of the day if it came from a good reliable dude at a good price I would consider it but me personally I prefer the older ones - from anywhere in the world coz they are much moddable and fit in any case etc......

a 1.6 is fine - just I prefer not to rebuild lpc's if I don't have to and 1.6's have a few qwerky things - like limited bios choice and strange temp display

they are ok but I have sold my 1.6's and kept my old ones coz I like tsop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users