Photo

Help With Xecuter 2.6 Ce, Installing Dash Problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 albester

albester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

Hello all!

I am new to xbox, but I bought an xecuter 3 ce to my own box, and made it work on the first try.

So when I went to a buddy of mine, that had just modded his box with an xecuter 2.6 ce, I thought it woule be as easy to install dash and software, as it was on my box.

First we flashed the bios with the X2.4983.BIOS, and when booting up again, it says xecuter2 on the bottom of the screen, the one with the green X on. So i thought that this was working fine. I used the XBOX ultimate boot cd 4.0 to install my own box, but that didnt work on his box, seems like it wont boot from dvd/cd. So what do I do then? Use another auto installer, or dvd+, dvd- cdrw? I dont know if it is something wrong with the xbox, or if it is the dvd I use as autoinstaller that doesnt work at his box. It is a 1.4 box. Please help? Dont know what to do here sad.gif

Regards
Al Bester

#2 ILTB

ILTB

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:06 PM

What xbox dvdrom do u have?
The same as ur mates?
If not, try a CDRW or even a CDR with just evox and FTP over the apps.

#3 albester

albester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

I am not sure what dvd rom I have, I think it said samsung something on his flashbios screen. And I have a feeling that it was samsung in my box aswell, But I dont know if it is different models.
I am trying to burn the autoinstaller onto a dvd- now, and cdr, hope it works, I dont have any cdrw here sad.gif
Just hope that the flashing went ok, seems like it since it says xecuter2 on the boot screen, but I am not sure if that is good enough.

On my xecuter3, it starts with a menu on boot, not sure if this is supposed to happen on the xecuter2 ?

#4 albester

albester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:03 PM

ok, I made it work in the end... it was the dvd-rom that wanted dvd- not dvd+ smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users