#1 thecheat

thecheat

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:48 AM

ok i want to transfer back-up game files from one computer to another but the thing is that 1 is at my mom's and one is at my dad's. how can i accomplish this.

#2 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:57 AM

i dont know how but you can set up ftp access somehow to specific folder on one pc and allow access to it, so you can connect form the other pc, you should be able to use net meeting but i dont know how to set that up either, both PC need to be connected to the internet, you might beable to send through IM but most IM clients limit the data to 10 megs, but i think the ftp method will work i just dont know how to set it up, but basically anyone you give the address and password too could connect to your pc and get files from a specific folder you set up, not your entire computer

i just cant remember the program name, ill find out next time i see a buddy on live cause he let me connect to his pc doing this before

#3 thecheat

thecheat

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:00 AM

how fast ftp? 200kb/s?

#4 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:05 AM

not sure this was at least 8 months ago, soon as i talk to him and get the program name, ill post back or pm you

#5 thecheat

thecheat

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:07 AM

ok thanks man.

#6 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:18 AM

i talked to my buddy, what he used was bulletproof server, not sure on the transfer speeds but it should take care of what you want to do, im sure there are other that do the same as well search downloads.com and read the discriptions

edit:the speed is as fast as the internet connection between both pc's depends on both connections

Edited by deacon187, 15 March 2005 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users