• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KarlosB

KarlosB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Football, Pc Gaming, Fishing, Cars, Ladies...ect, ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:36 PM

ok, i should get my XBOX samsung DVD-ROM drive tommorow, and after doing some research on the internet, and these forum searches, i came to the conclusion that it "maybe" has issues with DVD+R disks,

ok first, all my XBOX games are on dvd+, is it unlikly they will work?...
second, i only have a DVD+R writer, and RICOHJPN-R01-02 signed disks (there good ones, work perfect for ps2/xbox phillips drives)
ok, if all else fails, my drive DOES support DVD-ROM booktype changing (so the drives detect my dvd+r as dvd-rom) (RICOH MP5240A drive), and i have been reading that this can make the samsung drive work with the DVD+Rs.

anyway, just looking for answers to the above 3 "questions" is it true what ive read?..or am i gonna have to blow another 45 pounds on a new writer?..

looking for answers of Samsung owners..PS the drive i bought is revision B, and i just dont wanna waste disks sad.gif.

P.S if this helps in any way, i have a xecuter 2.6 / newest bios.

Edited by KarlosB, 14 March 2005 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:58 PM

Yes you need to change the booktype setting to DVD rom to make the +r compatible with the xbox samsung. If your writer supports this option you can put a tick in the box on Nero to change the booktype to DVD Rom. If the box is greyed out your drive probably does not support it.
I have an NEC (amongst others) and it burns DVD+R that work perfectly in samsung drives without any external settings to book type.
If your burner does not support it then its a new burner or Xbox drive.

#3 KarlosB

KarlosB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:43 PM

thats just what i wanted to hear, i did a test DVD a while ago (it was a PC game, farcry to be exact), i used DVD decrypter to burn it, and selected DVD-ROM mode from the ricoh section, it burned fine, and when i add the DVD in the drive, the dvd decrypter reports it as a DVD-ROM booktype, is this 100% fool proof, or might it be wrong?

Edited by KarlosB, 14 March 2005 - 08:43 PM.

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:48 PM

If the booktype is set to DVD ROM it should work no problems even in the Samsung. all mine do.

#5 KarlosB

KarlosB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:55 PM

great stuff, finally i will be able to play some new games instead of the ones on the HDD sad.gif..BTW, thanks for help, and i noticed your from Yorkshire, im from bradford in west yorkshire smile.gif tongue.gif

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:06 PM

I am not too far away just in Wakefield

#7 KarlosB

KarlosB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

great news, arrived this morning, fitted it in about 5 mins (once i found screwdriver that would open them damn torx), plays EVERY dvd+r game i have (arita(ricoh JP1-02) and traxdata media), and none of my "old burns" have DVD-ROM booktype, its still loading them flawlessly (and faster i might add), now...would it be worth getting one of these ATA100 cables im hearing about (people say it increases loading times and such).

P.S the samsung is also playing a couple of games which wouldnt work on my phillips (baldurs gate 2, and it also stopped topspin tennis freezing on MS screen), still cant get "the suffering" to boot though, might be a bad backup.

Edited by KarlosB, 15 March 2005 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users