• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moosebanna

moosebanna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

I was copying my hard drve, a WD 200 GB, for a friends Maxtor 200 GB using Norton Ghost 2002 last night and when I came back a few hours later, it had some error - sorry I didn't write it down. But I remember it showed the status at like 99% and some weird numbers about unable to copy some sector I think. So I figure, it should have at least sector sector copied, if I used the ghostpe /ir command, and that the first 99% of the copy process was good.

I put the drive in my machine and I got Error 16 (dashboard files/setting missing or corrupt). So I was like damn, what a waste. I put mine back, assuming there should be nothing wrong, since I was the master drive. Then I got the same error!! Now, I am a bit pissed, because I have a non-functioning drive, that was full and functional 4 hours before. So I put in Auto-Slayer and figured I could re-install the dash files where needed and not lose the games. It shows all the drives (c, d, e, f, g) as having 0 space. Told it to install Evox, it copied like 5 files and stopped. I was able to ftp into my drive booting into the Ice startup screen. It showed all my partitions, with nothing in them. Why did this happen???

Also, I went back and put the friends hard drive in, and rebuilt it using auto-slayer, it formatted partions and copied files to c and f: but when I went to load it, it gave me Error 13, which is unable to locate dash files. What in the hell is going on?? Is there actual physical damage on both drives that is screwing me over?? I have not formatted mine yet.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:57 PM

It sounds to me that you are running an older BIOS version, your HDD was unlocked and you ran into the clock problem with older BIOSes.

If you have the original Xbox HDD, try putting that in and setting your Xbox clock and the newer HDD should work.

An alternative is flashing your chip (if it's programmable) with a recent BIOS version.

Moving to Hardware Chat.

#3 moosebanna

moosebanna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(chefelf @ Mar 14 2005, 12:03 PM)
It sounds to me that you are running an older BIOS version, your HDD was unlocked and you ran into the clock problem with older BIOSes.

If you have the original Xbox HDD, try putting that in and setting your Xbox clock and the newer HDD should work.

An alternative is flashing your chip (if it's programmable) with a recent BIOS version.

Moving to Hardware Chat.

View Post

It can do that? I have X2-4983 bios on the Xenium Ice chip. You are correct, the hard drive was unlocked, because you cannot copy it in norton ghost without unlocking - get some interal insufficiency error if it remains locked. I have my original xbox drives, and I can give that a try. Do you recommend any other Bios versions? I don't understand why the clock would do all that. Appreciate the input.

~Moose

#4 moosebanna

moosebanna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:06 AM

I put in original xbox drive, set the clock. Plugged in my 200 GB drive, same crap. Error 13 unable to launch dashboard. Not good, I was hoping I could salvage the drive and all the games and saves on it. Any other inputs?

#5 elucifer

elucifer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:50 AM

if they're unlocked couldn't u use the explorer(can't remember the function name exactly) mode of xboxhdm to ge the data off??

el smile.gif

#6 moosebanna

moosebanna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(elucifer @ Mar 15 2005, 12:56 AM)
if they're unlocked couldn't u use the explorer(can't remember the function name exactly) mode of xboxhdm to ge the data off??
el smile.gif

View Post

Not really sure what you are saying, but I ended up just re-copying my 200 GB from my first Xbox on to the 200GB drive of my second one and it works now, just lost all my saves from that one. As for the Maxtor 200 GB drive, I tried re-cloning it with norton ghost, and when I tried it said only one hard drive attached, when I know both show up in the BIOS. I think something with that drive is messing things up, I took off the jumper in the back, so I am kind of clueless how to clone it at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users