Exige_

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:18 AM

This is extremely strange. You see, I just got anew mobo becasue mine fried. I just reinstalled my SmartXX and everything's going as planned. However, one slight problem. This TSOP chip has been erased, so I am trying to run an original BIOS copy off of my chip. When I installed my chip, I already had X2 4983.67 on it, and it ran smoothly on this XBox. However, when I flashed the original BIOSes 4817, 5101, and 5530 on it (of course on their designated bank sizes), none of them would owrk, it would just shut off my XBox and go back to the SmartXX OS without the originial BIOS so I can play Live. Unfortunately, my good fortune (I guess) stops here. I tried flashing another X2 to another 256, and that actually works. So it ahs nothing to do with a bad install. Do you htink the XBox can't handle an original BIOS?

What could be wrong?

ANY input is appreciated and no questions please without any input first. That's rediculously annoying especially when they don't come back to read my answer tongue.gif. Thanks.

EDIT: This works on my friends SmartXX with 5101 which I've tried, so it has nothing to do with the chip.

Edited by Exige_, 15 March 2005 - 04:21 AM.

#2 Exige_

Exige_

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:27 AM

Uh... anyone have ANY thoguhts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users