• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:48 PM

I bought my xbox back in January, and modded it with a Xenium solderless last month. Last week, after playing a game for a few hours, I shut it down and went to bed. The next morning, I pushed power, but nothing happened. Tried eject, but same thing. Checked cord, retried, nothing. Looked on the boards, found out about fuses, and replaced the fuse. Nothing. Ordered a new psu, just replaced it, and nothing. No sound. No light. Absolutely no reaction. I found a few posts about the eject board, but nothing concrete on how to check and/or replace. Heck, even tried with both the replacement and original power cords. Does anyone have any suggestions? Starting to get the shakes: I need to get it back! tongue.gif

#2 Leo Stenbuck

Leo Stenbuck

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:45 PM

Have you tried the mainboard on another power/eject assembly?

#3 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:13 PM

Mainboard on another power/eject assembly? How exactly do I do that? Do I require another Xbox, cause that's not happening. I live in Japan, and sometimes I think I'm the only person with an Xbox here.... tongue.gif

Also: while rechecking/wiggling connections and retrying to power on, I noticed something a bit strange: it makes a high pitched whining noise when I unplug the power cord... I hope that helps, and doesn't confuse the issue any.

And, with the new psu, there's an additional plug branching off (which I assume is the adapter for the later models) that simply will not fit in the case anywhere.... Any suggestions on that? Just in case I can get it fixed and close it back up, that is. sad.gif

#4 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:21 PM

*Bump*

Anyone? sad.gif

#5 Leo Stenbuck

Leo Stenbuck

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:38 PM

Bump for great justice!

Ahh the whineing noise...

Ive had 2 xboxs do that during the modchipping process and both are now dead.

Anyone care to help us both out?

#6 MAFox2u

MAFox2u

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:54 PM

Sounds like the infamous T2 Transistor (q7c2) has gone bad.

If the voltage readings at the infamous T2 transistor (aka Q7C2)
are collector 0.35, pin nearest Q7C1 is reading 0.35 (base)
and 4.0 for the emittor, then your transistor is bad. You can also check wether there is a short between collector and base. Mine was reading 23 Ohms, it should be about 1000 Ohms (while still on the board)

You can power the xbox up by removing the bad transistor and bridging the emittor to the collector with a piece of 30 AWG wire.

If everything works fine, then replace the bad transistor with PNP transistor number 2N4403 or MMBT4403 avaliable just about anywhere.

That should fix it.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:51 PM

Sounds like the infamous T2 Transistor (q7c2) has gone bad.

I don't think its a 1.6 so that does not apply
He said
with the new psu, there's an additional plug branching off (which I assume is the adapter for the later models)

#8 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:36 AM

Nope, not a 1.6. Its a 1.0.

Thanks for responding: its great to see that someone's trying to help! biggrin.gif

Also, one more small thing to consider: I tried the manual eject spot to get my game out, but it doesn't work. There's no release switch, no button, nothing inside. I took a bobby pin, clipped the point off to blunt it, and poked around in the hole, but it seems to be a simple, empty hole... Any ideas on getting the disc out? Does this help with the problem?

#9 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:44 AM

you gotta use a paper clip (you have to shove it in really far), its a manual tray opening thing, not a button.

Also, you can manually turn the xbox on by bridging the 3.3v SB and the power_on wires on the big power plug.

#10 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(G0t M4xx 21 @ Mar 18 2005, 01:50 PM)
you gotta use a paper clip (you have to shove it in really far), its a manual tray opening thing, not a button.

Also, you can manually turn the xbox on by bridging the 3.3v SB and the power_on wires on the big power plug.

View Post

I've got that bobby pin straightened, and at just over 2 inches in, it stops, and won't go any further.... But nothing. Will try with a paperclip later.

Also: any diagrams, walkthroughs, more newbie-fied explanations of this bridging action? Photos? Anything? tongue.gif

#11 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:23 PM

*bump*

Just want to also point out that the previous suggestions, about the eject assembly, and bridging the power_on wires appear to be helpful, but I can't find anything about them on the main page, in the forums, or on the web.... So, if you have any suggestions on different wording/search parameters to use, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!

#12 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:24 PM

<deleted>

Sorry: 'puter burped, and out came two replies. Ignore this one. blink.gif

Edited by amightydino, 19 March 2005 - 05:25 PM.

#13 amightydino

amightydino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:23 AM

Update: I figured out how to do the bridging tip, thanks to G0t M4xx 21, but to no avail. Also, I CAN NOT manually eject the DVD drive. Nothing happens with wiggling/thrusting/poking a paperclip into the manual release spot.

So, my guess is that my problem had nothing to do with the PSU originally, as its been replaced and no go, and that leaves.... What exactly? Any more ideas? blink.gif

#14 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:30 AM

you could get a multimeter and check the readings from the 'big power cable' from the power supply. compare it to the layout in the pinned faq under the case modding thread.

trying a different motherboard would probably work cos its pretty much a whole new thing but its pretty pointless as we know its probably something wrong with urs.

also check in the pinned faq (case modding) and check the power eject assembly. try and short the 2 connections on the mobo (power and ground). u should just be able to put a screw driver in there (flat head) and it'll turn on, so that way u can see if its the power eject assembly

#15 X-eQteR

X-eQteR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:06 AM

Boy and I thought my case was unique and no use for me to seek a solution.

I have an xbox 1.6 which only used for 2 hours before in went totally OFF. LIke the original Poster I also bought a Xenium Ice chip (not solderless version though) and boot up to the 2.0.1 xenium OS. After adding launch items for evox m8 plus and tsop to boot ms dash i went ahead and play some games. Also ftped a game to the xbox retail drive and play it for almost an hour. Had to eat and turn the xbox off (big mistake : ( ...) , well guess what Same thing happened to me... after I came back and try to TURN ON the xbox nothing worked at all. I even went online and try to buy a new 1.6 psu but gladly found some gift cards to buy a new xbox...now I try the old psu with the new xbox and it works so the xbox motherboard fromt he old xbox is the damaged and not the psu or fuse on the psu. In what way the motherboard got damaged i dunno I dunno.

I was about to post a topic in the Xenium forum and in their web, but thought my case was due to something i could fix, but then after reading this topic I believe the motherboard must have something else ... I know how to install chips...done that since the 29 wires and never had something like this happening before.

If anyone knows what to fix or check in this situation please let us know...any advice is highly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users