2 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetheart

Sweetheart

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:06 PM

There are certain game which will run on dosxbox but have some anoying little problem which maybe some tweaking or know-how would fix. I suggest we post these problems in this thread and try to help each other with problems with games. If we stick to this thread, for them all, more people will see other problems and well and maybe more will get resolved.

I shall start:

QUARANTINE
I can run this and it runs at normal speed and is good, except that it only responds to the keyboard and not the gamepad. There is an install exe where this can be configured, but if I select anything other than KEYBOARD, when I go into the game, on the menu the selector moves wildly of its own accord and I have no control.
So, the game runs, it responds, but doesnt like the xbox controller. Is there some option(s) I should be changing somewhere in the emulator?

BLOODNET & BUREAU 13
These both run fine, one problem. The mouse curser will not move. I can click it (with effect), but cannot move it.

Alien Breed 2: Tower Assult
Runs great, almost perfect, but the DOWN doesnt work on the controler. does work on keyboard, but not controler.

you can download the first 3 games on HOTU.

Thanks for your help, and please post your own problems.

#2 Sweetheart

Sweetheart

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE(Sweetheart @ Mar 15 2005, 07:12 PM)

QUARANTINE
I can run this and it runs at normal speed and is good, except that it only responds to the keyboard and not the gamepad. There is an install exe where this can be configured, but if I select anything other than KEYBOARD, when I go into the game, on the menu the selector moves wildly of its own accord and I have no control.
So, the game runs, it responds, but doesnt like the xbox controller. Is there some option(s) I should be changing somewhere in the emulator?

Alien Breed 2: Tower Assult
Runs great, almost perfect, but the DOWN doesnt work on the controler. does work on keyboard, but not controler.
you can download the first 3 games on HOTU.

View Post

Ok, I figured out how to remidy the problems for the above games. I didnt ralize that you could change the joypad controls so as to make the Dpad be the keyboard cursers. Quarrantine is way to fast tho. Anyone know how to slow it down... alot?

#3 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(Sweetheart @ Mar 17 2005, 01:33 AM)
Ok, I figured out how to remidy the problems for the above games. I didnt ralize that you could change the joypad controls so as to make the Dpad be the keyboard cursers. Quarrantine is way to fast tho. Anyone know how to slow it down... alot?

View Post

i think that had something to do with changing the cpu cycles, but i'm not sure
most dos games i run need more speed, not less tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users