• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrDasher

MrDasher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:54 AM

This is my second Matrix installation. Got the first one installed and working like a charme, but this one mad.gif does not want to perform!

I get the alignment fairly easy, switch to production mode (either mode 2 or 3, no difference) light goes green but when I boot the xbox, no sign of Matrix inside sad.gif

I've reflashed the bios multiple times, trying different Bios (EvoX D6, 2.6) even tried an other programmer, but no chance, still the same behavior. No Matrix Inside confirmation at boot and of course the box spits on all burned DVDs :S

Don't know what else to try.
The box is a version 1.0

Any suggestion anyone? uhh.gif ?

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (MrDasher @ Mar 13 2003, 12:54 AM)
This is my second Matrix installation. Got the first one installed and working like a charme, but this one mad.gif does not want to perform!

I get the alignment fairly easy, switch to production mode (either mode 2 or 3, no difference) light goes green but when I boot the xbox, no sign of Matrix inside sad.gif

I've reflashed the bios multiple times, trying different Bios (EvoX D6, 2.6) even tried an other programmer, but no chance, still the same behavior. No Matrix Inside confirmation at boot and of course the box spits on all burned DVDs :S

Don't know what else to try.
The box is a version 1.0

Any suggestion anyone? uhh.gif ?

Well, first off, use a "colormod" - this will save you a TON of hassle, because you will know for sure that you are booting into the mod BIOS and if that happens, the chip is doing it's job.

The "Matrix Inside" is a terrible joke by the Evo-X crew inserted as a marketing ploy by their alliance with Team Xodus... but it's inserted by the EVO-X DASHBOARD, not the BIOS or the chip!!!!

After that, you might be dealing with media issues (wrong media, stubborn drive). You probably have a Thomson. CD-Rs will not work. Even RWs may cause a bit of grief.

Do a search in the FAQ forum on identifying DVD drives for more info.

...and use a colormod or an X2 BIOS (which identifies itself on boot up)

#3 MrDasher

MrDasher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:22 PM

jester.gif Thanks a lot jester.gif

It did indeed work, even without the "Matrix inside" banner (which ofcourse appeard once the dashbord was on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users