Scientist

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:billiards
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:28 PM

Ok I have about 1500 arcade roms. I'm using Bender Mameox. I'v tried opening many roms and every single one seems to have missing files or something.

I'm pretty sure that I have the wrong roms for Bender Mameox, right?

I downloaded a program from Romcenter to check the roms using their MAME DAT file and all showed up red meaning incomplete. I need .94 roms or something?

Also what is the difference between mamedox and mameox? Thanks...

DAve.

Edited by Scientist, 16 March 2005 - 03:32 PM.

#2 sp1200

sp1200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:45 AM

You need to redump all your roms from the 1500 arcade machines that you own. I know this seems daunting, however there is absolutely nothing else you can legally do if you want your roms to play.

mamedox is a new updated version of mameox. It builds on some great features like multiple rom directories for those of us that own more arcade machines than the current fatx file system allows in one directory.

good luck.

#3 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:20 AM

You need MAME v0.84 ROMS for both MAMEoX and MAMEdOX. MAMEdOX is based on MAMEoX, but has a some tweaks to the GUI and has added games.

#4 Scoobysnaxx

Scoobysnaxx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(sp1200 @ Mar 17 2005, 02:51 AM)
You need to redump all your roms from the 1500 arcade machines that you own. I know this seems daunting, however there is absolutely nothing else you can legally do if you want your roms to play.

mamedox is a new updated version of mameox. It builds on some great features like multiple rom directories for those of us that own more arcade machines than the current fatx file system allows in one directory.

good luck.

View Post

Can we all come to your place to play the 1500 arcade machines YOU own? tongue.gif

#5 sp1200

sp1200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Scoobysnaxx @ Mar 17 2005, 03:46 AM)
Can we all come to your place to play the 1500 arcade machines YOU own?  tongue.gif

View Post

just let me know before hand the ones you want to play, takes me at least a day to track them down and wheel them into the gameroom.
ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users