12 replies to this topic

#1 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:41 PM

I just got the external verison of the sony DRU500 writer. I'm totally new to dvd writing. I would really appreciate if any one can suggest a software for my needs.

Create backup of movies, when the raw source is more than 4.7 gigs, even if the movie is less than 2 hours. some kind of downsampling wth LP mode?

How is the software pinnacle studio 8. is it really nice. I have got Roxio 6.

Sorry for my vague questions, but would appreciate your response.

Thanks all so much

#2 IndieSnob

IndieSnob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 March 2003 - 05:32 PM

For dual layer movies I always use dvdxcopy. For burning movies, iso's etc I always find Nero to do it the best. As far as xbox iso's, my internal sony came with Recordnow Max, and there was an update I had to download, not sure where I got it, but it upgraded it to Max, since at the time it wasn't available to bundle with the drive. Hope this helps.

#3 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:14 PM

I reccomend DVD2one along with dvd decrypter. It will take a full dvd movie - take out all the menus, etc. and fit the whole movie with whatever sountrack you choose (DTS, Dolby 5.1, etc.) and fit it on one DVD. It is absolutely amazing.

Then use Nero and burn it as DVD video files.

Easy, painless, and an unbelieveably great program.

Edited by darylzero, 13 March 2003 - 08:17 PM.

#4 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:31 PM

Is there a way to downsample the file. I do know how to extract the movie but the file is still huge for a 1.5 hour movie. Some movies of 2.5 hours are 3.5 gigs. I really don't know how they do it.

Thanks all.

#5 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 02:37 AM

Behind my DVD-R it talks about SP, LP, SLP

#6 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2003 - 06:18 AM

I second what Darylzero said. Use DVDdecrypter and then compact the movie down to 4.36Gb using DVD2One. It's extremely easy and the result is very very good.

#7 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 05:48 PM

Thanks... for the info

#8 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:30 PM

Dreamcazman,

By using DVD Drcryptor, can I maintain the original Menu and chapters? I know I'm asking too much but is it possible?

#9 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:00 PM

DVD decrypter just decrypts the whole disc. As you will see it is much larger than a 4.3 gig DVD. You can keep the files and do whatever you want with them. DVD2one takes all the bullshit out of it for you.

For example if you have a 1:30 min movie and you choose the 5.1 tack for the audio, DVD2one won't have to downsample anything as the movie and sound will be under the size of a DVD.

When it actually does downsample (or whatever it actually does to fit a 2+ hour movie on a single disc) you will not notice any difference in picture quality or sound. At least I dont, and I have a Sony 9000ES SACD/DVD player and a Sony XBR wega tv.

Here is a link. This is a good site for all your DVD movie needs.
http://www.afterdawn...ith_dvd2one.cfm

Edited by darylzero, 14 March 2003 - 08:07 PM.

#10 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:13 PM

The only movie so far I've noticed a very slight drop in picture quality is Blade 2. Not only is it a 2hr long movie, I also included both the Dolby and DTS soundtracks which took up more space.

I've got my movies running through my Xbox/projector combo with progressive scan. You tend to notice small artifacts if you're running in progressive. If you just use a normal TV however there probably won't be any visible differences.

#11 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:58 PM

darylzero, Dreamcazman

You guys are soo helpfull. Thanks so much m8t's

#12 CYCLOPSE

CYCLOPSE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:05 AM

omg if ur burning dvds use dvdxcopy it is the best program!!!u put the dvd in .......tell it where u want the next dvd to begin burn it and ur done.......it has a tutorial in the program but u dont even need one........it will take 2 dvds....but hey it is so so so so so easy and u dont have to worry about time it is like 60 to burn

#13 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (CYCLOPSE @ Mar 15 2003, 01:05 AM)
omg if ur burning dvds use dvdxcopy it is the best program!!!u put the dvd in .......tell it where u want the next dvd to begin burn it and ur done.......it has a tutorial in the program but u dont even need one........it will take 2 dvds....but hey it is so so so so so easy and u dont have to worry about time it is like 60 to burn

I tried DVDXcopy before I came across the marvel that is DVD2One and it's ok. I really prefer to have my movies on one DVD, not two, albeit with a very slight loss of quality. I guess it comes down to a convenience thing.

Zwinflame - You're welcome beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users