9 replies to this topic

#1 Vanished_

Vanished_

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

Is softmod bad? One person tells it sucks because you have to flash it all the time because it screws up awhile and telling me to get a chip its better. The other person is telling me the softmod is safer and you dont have to solder and stuff and he said he knows people that have it and they dont have problems. Please tell me something. And is it hard to softmod????

Edited by Vanished_, 19 March 2005 - 08:08 PM.

#2 custard

custard

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

why not read some giudes on both and decide for yourself?
both methods have benifits,though as fro softmods going wrong after a while user posted imagedunno what your friends on.
modchip is more flexible as you can swap hard drives etc
its your xbox so its your choice

#3 Vanished_

Vanished_

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:19 PM

o so if u have a mod chip u can have the evox thing right? but if its only softmoded u can only play burned and normal stuff right??

#4 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:19 PM

it is incredibly easy to softmod and it is very rare that a softmod will get messed up (especially with the use of nkpatcher10 and a virtual C drive). it isn't very difficult at all to softmod, there are actually programs that will do it automatically for you.

i would suggest a gamesave exploit and krayzie's uxe installer. this will work by loading a saved game in either mech assault, splinter cell or 007: AUF. from there you hit "install" and then you follow some simple directions and you're done.

if you don't have/don't want to buy any of those games (i suggest you do because it makes life a lot easier and a used one is like $10) you could hotswap and use xboxhdm and uxe complete to softmod your xbox. it's not too hard to do this, but substantially harder than hitting "install".

#5 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(Vanished_ @ Mar 19 2005, 07:25 PM)
o so if u have a mod chip u can have the evox thing right? but if its only softmoded u can only play burned and normal stuff right??

View Post

no, not at all....the only disadvantage of a softmod is that you can't boot from an unlocked hard drive (if you want to upgrade your hard drive, you have to prepare it and lock it using your PC first), and if something were to go terribly wrong with your eeprom (if you don't touch it you can't break it though), you'd need to buy a modchip to fix it.

edit: currently i'm running a softmod (UXE with nkpatcher10) with unleashx on a 160 gig hard drive. the only times i've ever screwed up the softmod have been beta testing things for other people (i swap my big HD with my old one before doing this though...)

Edited by cmiz, 19 March 2005 - 08:24 PM.

#6 Vanished_

Vanished_

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(cmiz @ Mar 19 2005, 12:25 PM)
it is incredibly easy to softmod and it is very rare that a softmod will get messed up (especially with the use of nkpatcher10 and a virtual C drive). it isn't very difficult at all to softmod, there are actually programs that will do it automatically for you.

i would suggest a gamesave exploit and krayzie's uxe installer. this will work by loading a saved game in either mech assault, splinter cell or 007: AUF. from there you hit "install" and then you follow some simple directions and you're done.

if you don't have/don't want to buy any of those games (i suggest you do because it makes life a lot easier and a used one is like $10) you could hotswap and use xboxhdm and uxe complete to softmod your xbox. it's not too hard to do this, but substantially harder than hitting "install".

View Post

oo coo coo thanks and i have the splinter cell game so ill read all the tutorials and see wat happends

#7 Vanished_

Vanished_

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:35 PM

Hey where do you get the krayzie's uxe installer

#8 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Vanished_ @ Mar 19 2005, 07:41 PM)
Hey where do you get the krayzie's uxe installer

View Post

the usual places (check my sig below)

the hard part for you will be getting the gamesave onto your xbox. if you have a friend with a modded xbox, you could ask them to FTP it to their xbox and then copy it to a memory card for you. if not, you'll need to buy an action replay adapter or make your own. then you use the action replay software to copy it from your computer to the memory card. there are a lot of tutorials around on how to do this so start reading and if you run into any walls, ask.

#9 Vanished_

Vanished_

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:40 PM

I made my own usb plug tha connects to my xbox controller port, would tha work?? and do i need a memory card?

#10 Vanished_

Vanished_

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:05 PM

ok so i go on fxp then i get out or copy the splinter cell saves? then i then i goto my action replay thing and put them on the memory card and then wat do u do wit the xbins files i got them on my pc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users