8 replies to this topic

#1 Cobra5mil

Cobra5mil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:31 AM

Well, I softmodded my Xbox using the Splinter Cell save game. However, something went wrong and I no longer have a MS dashboard nor any other dashboard. When I turn on my Xbox with a game in the CD tray, I just get the Xbox logo and then the wonderful error 21 screen. My question is, how should I go about fixing my HDD? I am willing to do almost anything it may take to fix it. Is there some sort of CD that can reformat the HDD to the original state that will work with my Xbox getting the error 21? I also saw I guide on XboxHDM found here. Would that fix my problem? Basically, I am willing to do anything that does not require me to buy a new HDD. Can anyone please help me? If these methods can not fix it, can a MOD chip? uhh.gif

Thanks for the help!!!

*EDIT*
You can flame me if you want, but I no longer have the HDD backups on my computer....

Edited by Cobra5mil, 20 March 2005 - 12:39 AM.

#2 blindmist

blindmist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

slayers disc

#3 Cobra5mil

Cobra5mil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:28 AM

Okay, so I just have to burn that onto a CD-R and put it in my Xbox and it will work even though I get that error 21? From the looks of his site, it does not require a mod chip to work....Can I get the SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.6FINAL.exe from the usual place?

Edited by Cobra5mil, 20 March 2005 - 01:32 AM.

#4 Cobra5mil

Cobra5mil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:03 AM

Disregard this post....

Edited by Cobra5mil, 20 March 2005 - 02:04 AM.

#5 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:42 AM

Slayers is unsigned code so it wont boot with out a hacked BIOS, you will probably need to do a hotswap and use xboxhdm to rebuild you c: drive. This could be a problem as I am unsure if you can just put the hdd back in the box (may be possible if you dont turn it off while doing the rebuild) or whether it needs to be locked first in which case you need the EEPROM data from the xbox.

#6 Cobra5mil

Cobra5mil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:23 AM

How would I get the EEPROM data from my Xbox?

#7 Cobra5mil

Cobra5mil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:42 AM

If I bought this and installed it in my Xbox, would I be able to play games on my Xbox again without having to do any hot swapping or using files such as the eeprom? Also, would I be able to reinstall the original MS dashboard if I ever want to use it again?

Edited by Cobra5mil, 20 March 2005 - 04:44 AM.

#8 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:13 AM

did you delete the splinter cell gamesave? if not then you should be able to put splinter cell in, turn the xbox off, then back on again...and load up the splinter cell save you used to hack the xbox. from there you could get FTP access and then you could fix your softmod.

if you don't have access to the original gamesave that you used to hack the xbox, you could hotswap the drive in order to gain access. i'd suggest using xboxhdm to accomplish this, there are some good tutorials on how to hotswap, i think the best is in daddyj's signature (look for him over at xbe exploits).

either way, since you don't really seem to know exactly whats wrong (which means you don't really know what to fix) you should probably use UXE complete. you can download it at the usual places. follow the directions, they're very easy.

edit: yes, if you bought that and installed it, you could use a bootdisk to repair your hard drive...personally i think it would be more of a hassle to order a chip, install it and then use a boot disc to fix your hard drive than just hotswapping.

Edited by cmiz, 20 March 2005 - 05:15 AM.

#9 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:13 AM

With that you can solve all your probelms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users