3 replies to this topic

#1 jacky89

jacky89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:43 AM

I have two old versions of neogeo.zip. One is a 55k file and the other is around 240k which I think is for the neogeo cd bios. I tried both of them already and it seems that I can't load neo geo games. It complains that files can not be found. I have the system clock set right.

I read the faq. It says that a new neogeo bios rom was released for mameox version 0.70 and above. How can I find the "correct" up to date neogeo bios and how would I know if it is "correct" version? Thanks.

#2 jacky89

jacky89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

bump... c'mon man somebody's got to have used a neogeo emulator.

#3 Scoobysnaxx

Scoobysnaxx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:08 AM

At the risk of sounding like a smartass, you will know you will have correct bios when the games work? tongue.gif. I learned everything i know from trial and error.

Seriously though googling will aslo probably give you the response you are looking for (or diff sets of neogeo bios to try).

Clrmamepro is another option (google for site and tutorial). I used to be afraid of it, but its really easy to learn following a decent tutorial. Basically it takes something called a dat file (also google), and will tell you speciffically whether a rom will work or not depeding on what version of emulator you are using.

Eg. what may work for mamedox, may not necessarily work for fbaxxx, or a mame you might be running on your comp.

If you are using fbaxxx just head over to their site for yet another easy solution. Fbaxxx is a much better emu for neo geo anyway. Need help running/setting it up? -all the info is there (and here for that matter too)

(somebody jump in here at any time here, as I'm not that great at explaining these things)

Good luck, enjoy the reading!

Edited by Scoobysnaxx, 23 March 2005 - 03:18 AM.

#4 jacky89

jacky89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:50 AM

cool thanks smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users